• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Old Time Short Radio Programs

js6592

New Participating Member
I started getting really interested in radio at the age of 13. This would have been back in the early 80's. I began by listening to our hometown radio station religiously, which was a full-service country music AM station (500 watts, daytime only). They used to carry these three-minute radio program bits (sent to them on vinyl album), that I suspect were all put out by the same production company. Each program was sponsored by a local advertiser which was always in close relation to the type of program being carried. Most of the programs were of no interest to me (I was a teenager, after all), but I would often "sit through" them just so I could hear some country music afterward. I was wondering if anyone remembers any of these syndicated radio programs from the 80"s and if there is any way I could obtain copies of them (or maybe hear them on the internet, somewhere)

Coleman Country (later Cross Country) with Phil Hendrie
New Age Radio 50+ with Ed and Irene Martin (this one I'm extremely interested in, since I am about turn 50, soon)
The In-Fisherman Radio Show with Al and Ron Lindner (later Wade Born)
The NFO (National Farmers Organization) Report (I don't remember who the host of this program was)
The Parents' Notebook with Bill Cullen
Animal Album with Chuck Connors
Our Changing World with Earl Nightingale

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom