• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

off topic... crt set issues...

My old but not vintage crt set is shooting bursts from time to time... These bursts are a sudden flash and the image becomes softly tinted in sometimes in red, in green/blueish... Sometimes the problem goes, sometimes remains... Not that I know "how to" what can the problem be?

Sounds like an intermittent short. Can you test the CRT?

Yep, sounds like possibly a heater-cathode short in the CRT ... the only weird thing is that you report that the tint isn't always the same color, where H-K shorts generally affect one color. It could also be an intermittent short in the flyback.

It's a very, very soft tint, very random, I can't replicate the conditions to make it happen... most of the time the problem's not even there... The crt is about 16 yo., something impossible to a lcd ;D

Ok... (...)heater-cathode short... (...)flyback Youtube here I go ;D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom