• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Oct Pop New Music ! 9 n a Row !

R

rapking

1)-- Britney Spears --- Womanizer--
2)--- Ciara - --Go Girl (f. T-Pain) ---
3)--- Jay-z And T.i. --- Swagga Like Us (f. Kanye West, And Lil Wayne)--
4)--- Jennifer Hudson --- Spotlight----
5)--- Kardinal Offishall --- Numba 1 (The Tide Is High) (f. Keri Hilson)---
6)--- Keri Hilson --- Return The Favor (f. Timbaland)----
7)---- Nickelback -- ---Gotta Be Somebody-----
8 )--- Smashing Pumpkins --- G.L.O.W.---
9)---Wojahn Bros --- Oh No You Didn't ----

I laugh EVERY time I hear "Oh No You Didn't."

It'll get curiosity spins, but won't last long.

#7 is the only hit... though I haven't heard 5 or 6 yet.

Brit will go top 10, maybe top 5... but it's not a hit. It will not test and will DIVE down the chart like the stock market reacting to the rejection of the bailout bill.

1900radio said:
#7 is the only hit...

Brit will go top 10, maybe top 5... but it's not a hit. It will not test and will DIVE down the chart like the stock market reacting to the rejection of the bailout bill.

Agreed. Though have to say #7 is not nearly as catchy or instantaneous as "Photograph" was.

As for Brit, the only thing I will say is that "Womanizer" it's MUCH better than the disaster that was "Gimme More." That song peaked at #17 in only it's SIXTH week on the chart... Still, it's way below the standard she set with "Baby, One More Time." This one might last 7 or 8 weeks before peaking in the lower-to-mid part of the top 10.

Are you saying that "Baby One More Time" is a high standard? :D

The first time I heard I thought it was a remix to Blackstreet's "No Diggity" - same piano but with crappy lyrics, LOL.

CHRles said:
Are you saying that "Baby One More Time" is a high standard? :D

The first time I heard I thought it was a remix to Blackstreet's "No Diggity" - same piano but with crappy lyrics, LOL.

We be speaking relatively there as it appears you've discovered. ;D... After all with Britney we have the epitomy of "bubble gum pop," or whatever they call it. Not a heck of a lot of substance... I'm just glad the Goo Goo Dolls' "Slide" was able to log a couple of weeks at #1 before BOMT took over for five back in '99...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom