• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

November numbers are here

Covering the survey period from Thu. 10/12/2023 thru Wed. 11/8/2023, age 6+ overall
alternate view: https://www.urbaninsite.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/HOUSTON-GALVESTON.htm

As mentioned above, RadioInsight table not updated yet (perhaps some data is missing; Lance won't post an incomplete listing).
When it's ready, check here: Houston/Galveston - RadioInsight

Top 5+ demo rankings analysis from Research Director Inc. will be available on Wed. 11/29/2023.

With regard to KLVH: Format change occurred on 10/31/2023, leaving just over 8 days in the new format for this ratings period.
The December 2023 survey will be the 1st full report.

Last edited:
Kind of interesting that within 8 days KLVH streaming got a 0.2 already

KLVH-FM...ouch. The 97.1 signal has lost a lot of listeners.
The station was still Country Legends for three-fourths of the survey period. Plus there has been no publicity about the flip that I have seen. We might still be in what could be considered a soft launch.
With regard to KLVH: Format change occurred on 10/31/2023, leaving just over 8 days in the new format for this ratings period.
The December 2023 survey will be the 1st full report.
This may be the last time we see 97.1 in the ratings, as EMF may not buy the book. Sibling Air1 KHJK not subscribed here in Houston.
Kind of interesting that within 8 days KLVH streaming got a 0.2 already
Bet most of that was Country Legends. K-Love does frequently promote their online presence.

Bet most of that was Country Legends. K-Love does frequently promote their online presence.
And since the K-Love stream would match the over-the-air signal 100% (being non-commercial), likely the stream and air shares are combined in to one listing (total line reporting) when/if EMF does subscribe in a market.

PS RadioInsight.com ratings grid/table updated with November '23 numbers.

KLTN what is going on? Time for a tweak? KAMA beating KLOL can't remember the last time I saw that happen.
A huge percentage of the Nielsen sample is Central American. That knocks KLTN and its Mexican personality format out of the picture.

Not sure I agree that to be the factor. KLOL would be doing much better.
There are changes in the area of reggaetón and pop with a trend towards trap. Univision's more youth oriented station took advantage of that. KLOL has become more AC than Hispanic CHR.

There are changes in the area of reggaetón and pop with a trend towards trap. Univision's more youth oriented station took advantage of that. KLOL has become more AC than Hispanic CHR.
Agreed, I’m no youngster but I’m starting to enjoy KAMA now more than KLOL. They have started to become like I had always wished WILD 104 from the Valley.

KAMA is starting to be like that, adding Peso Pluma, Grupo Frontera, Karol G singing that cumbia song. All that is helping them too.

As mentioned above, RadioInsight table not updated yet (perhaps some data is missing; Lance won't post an incomplete listing).
When it's ready, check here: Houston/Galveston - RadioInsight
I'm quite curious why you believed that the RadioInsight listing was not updated immediately. If our recap of all the markets publishes (unless we specify why a market is missing like last month) then the individual market listing is updated.

KLTN actually did go up a little this book, as did most of other Spanish language stations, but this comes as each of the big 3 Urban stations take decent hits. It's quite clear that the panel imbalances that have plagued the market for the past handful of years continue and seem to affect more than just the Spanish language stations.

I'm quite curious why you believed that the RadioInsight listing was not updated immediately. If our recap of all the markets publishes (unless we specify why a market is missing like last month) then the individual market listing is updated.
Lance,

Outside of the last month where you alerted us as to the delay for certain markets where info was missing due to Nielsen Audio's error:

I diligently check your site and others at 2 PM PT/ 5 PM ET on ratings release dates. If the info I see on my screen is not updated on your site for some markets, I will report it here. If the info I see is current, there is no need for a note. Other posters have mentioned the delays in "updating" on your site in particular not only in this thread (by Mediafrog+ in the 1st post of this thread) but also in previous ratings-based threads, especially over the past 3-4 survey periods. (There was one complaint early on - a few months ago - by a poster in the San Diego forum about "why would there be a link to a site that was not updated with the current month's info?")

I check first using Google Chrome; if that does not show updated info, I use other browsers to confirm: Opera, Microsoft Edge (even using the "Internet Explorer" option) and Firefox. I refresh the page(s) several times to make sure I am seeing what I am seeing. Unfortunately, lately, not all markets are always updated to the latest info as of the stated release time of 2 PM PT / 5 PM ET.

I then check other ratings sites such as StationRatings.com, AllAccess.com, RadioOnline.com and UrbanInsite.com to see if their info is updated. It seems they do not have the same update delays.
(On these RadioDiscussion forums, I only link to "free"/"open" sites that do not require any sort of subscription in order to view.)

I so very much would prefer to only link to RadioInsight's ratings tables as yours are the most detailed with the best care taken to identify stations by their correct, current brands and formats. But, should the ratings data may not be up-to-date for a particular market (at least in my view), I have to include a disclaimer and a couple of alternative view links so as not to disappoint people looking for the latest info. It is an "advisory" that the info may not be current on their own browser views.

I am not smart enough to know what could be the cause of the delayed info; whether it could be a server/communications/coding/other "computer language" issue - or something else entirely.
I only write this in order to help you see that there is at least some sort of issue that I hope is easily resolved so that I can confidently link to your tables without any disclaimers.

Unless: it takes you a while past the 2 PM PT / 5 PM ET timeline to "load up" all the individual markets and we should be more patient.

Thanks for all the work you put in to your site and the care taken in reporting news - it is a great resource.

Top 5+ demo rankings analysis from Research Director Inc. -

25-54: 1. KTBZ 2. KODA 3T. KGLK 3T. KHMX (up from #8) 5. KKBQ 6T. KSBJ 6T. KKHH (down from #2)
18-34: 1. KODA (up from #4) 2T. KTBZ 2T. KBXX 4. KKHH 5. KGLK 6. KKBQ
18-49: 1. KTBZ 2. KGLK 3. KODA 4. KHMX (up from #11) 5. KKBQ (up from #9) 10T. KKHH (down from #5) 10T. KQQK

Whenever I had clicked the link in post #3 the latest I saw was for October

Back
Top Bottom