• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Not getting subscription emails

Hi there,
I'm not sure when exactly this happened, but it's been probably two weeks since I've gotten an email when someone replies to a topic I'm following. Before this worked flawlessly. I'm not sure if this is at all related to what appears to have been planned maintanance on the site a couple weeks ago when it was down for an extended period, but this issue started within a week of that.

Hi there,
I'm not sure when exactly this happened, but it's been probably two weeks since I've gotten an email when someone replies to a topic I'm following. Before this worked flawlessly. I'm not sure if this is at all related to what appears to have been planned maintanance on the site a couple weeks ago when it was down for an extended period, but this issue started within a week of that.
Thank you for reporting the issue. I am looking at it. Ill keep you posted.

Has there been any update on this? I still haven't gotten an email from Radio Discussions since I posted this, and as I said then, it had been a couple weeks already.

I completely missed Don's post until just now because I don't think to check down my list of watched threads past the first two or three. Is there any update on when this will be resolved?

As a follow-up for anyone still looking at the thread, are those of you with issues using a gmail.com address? I finally changed mine from my primary Gmail address to my secondary Outlook address and notification e-mails are coming in again.

Thanks for the update Tom. I'm planning on changing my email address in the next month anyway, so will change it then. I'm really surprised though that the admins are being so quiet on this, usually they're quite responsive. I would think they would be all over this as Gmail is one of the biggest email providers out there.

Thanks for the update Tom. I'm planning on changing my email address in the next month anyway, so will change it then. I'm really surprised though that the admins are being so quiet on this, usually they're quite responsive. I would think they would be all over this as Gmail is one of the biggest email providers out there.
None of us admins have any access to the server administration outside of @admin who was hired by Frank to manage the tech side so none of us can answer it, nor can any of us replicate whatever the issue is you're having.

I'm wondering if something happened recently to cause Google to block mails from this domain completely.

Notification e-mails are now arriving normally in my Outlook inbox, however I have Gmail set to get those mails so I can look at everything in one unified mailbox. The Radio Discussions notification addresses are all whitelisted in Gmail's Contacts app but once they're brought to Gmail they're going straight into the spam folder no matter how many times I mark them as 'not spam'. The spam doohickey (sorry to be so technical) is supposed to eventually learn but it seems to be steadfast in keeping RD mails as spam.

They're not even making it to my spam folder. The only way I know about threads I'm following is by checking my watched threads page on this site, and even then I miss things because those threads are below the ones I'm expecting to have new posts.

I wonder if this is a bigger problem with Gmail in general? Because of the problems I reported in this thread, Radio Discussions was one of the first things I switched over once my new email was up and running, and I haven't had any problem since. However, I'm now apparently having a similar issue with Meetup emails, as I haven't gotten anything from them in a few weeks. I also just switched my Amazon account to my new email, and get one of their emails every day, while before I would get only a couple a month.

I don't know what's going on between Gmail and the forum software but they certainly aren't playing nice with each other. After months of marking notifications as "not spam" over and over, some notifications like the one for this forum came through unimpeded, but other still wind up in the spam filter.

There are a multitude of things that can cause a domain-wide blocking of emails like we're experiencing, including server misconfigurations and unauthenticated servers. Google has a Postmaster Tools suite that is supposed to help with that, but the admin would have to register with it to use it.

Gmail and Yahoo recently required servers to add DMARC and DKIM settings to their DNS. Unfortunately until @DavidEduardo resolves the ownership transfer as discussed here (https://www.radiodiscussions.com/th...-interruption-in-service.770687/#post-6707349) that cannot be done.

There's no misconfiguration, but rather changing requirements that without access to the domain registrar we have been unable to do. But some of these issues pre-date the Google changeover and with a number of other issues that need to be resolved, I cannot speculate on where this will end up on the priority list as all management of this site will be on a completely volunteer basis.

Back
Top Bottom