• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Not A Single Post Since August?

When I think of Sacramento, I think of Ed Stolz, and amazingly, just yesterday, there was a story in Tom Taylor's newsletter:

"Ed Stolz loses again at the FCC, with the Commissioners themselves rejecting his Petition for Reconsideration of #1, approval of Entercom’s merger with CBS Radio and #2, license renewal for the remaining Entercom stations in Sacramento."

You might wonder what's new here, and apparently it's the fact that the Commissioners themselves, not just the Media Bureau, rejected Stolz's petition.

Last edited:
Two things , although minor.
Thing 1. 94.7 hd2 has dropped "Subterranean" programming in favor of the new "Out Now"

Thing 2. 105.1 has dropped their hd-3 simulcast of KHTK

Here's what I've got -

- KXPR, whose CP for transmitter relocation from Walnut Grove was set to expire in September recently filed another application changing their proposed tower site several miles west of the Keifer landfill site, citing environmental opposition to the proposed tower near the landfill. The new proposed site is north of Grant Line Road, west of Sunrise Blvd and should have similar coverage as the former application. The proposed antenna is 35kw at 500'.

- KFIA/710 has a CP issued to build a translator on the KYRV tower in Granite Bay/Roseville at 105.7 FM. The station will be 250 watts directional and should have coverage similar to to 107.1, except minor nulls to the south and NW.

- Dan & Michelle morning show duo recently left KYMX for EMF/Air1. They are the new morning show on the syndicated Air1 network.

- Still waiting to hear something on 107.9 - presumably KSTE simulcast for sometime until we get a new full power Class B.

Otherwise, yes its been a yawn-fest!

Here's what I've got -

- Still waiting to hear something on 107.9 - presumably KSTE simulcast for sometime until we get a new full power Class B.

Who currently has ownership of the KDND Class-B facilities? Although unlicensed to operate, is it still technically owned by Entercom? Alternatively, has this facility been completely decommissioned and removed from the site? Was curious if it was still sitting idle until the FCC determines the new licensee.

Who currently has ownership of the KDND Class-B facilities? Although unlicensed to operate, is it still technically owned by Entercom? Alternatively, has this facility been completely decommissioned and removed from the site? Was curious if it was still sitting idle until the FCC determines the new licensee.

Unless something changed recently the transmission site is shared with KXJZ on a tower just off of Elverta Road. KXJZ owns the tower, so I suspect it was a lease agreement. Good question. Would Entercom continue to make payments on a facility they can't use? Doubt it. Would they dismantle it? Also seems doubtful, because whoever eventually gets the license will probably want it. If I was Entercom I'd donate the hardware to Capital Public Radio and take the tax deduction. But who knows. I was thinking that maybe the new 107.9 translator might use that antenna but no - they picked a site closer to town - where the Eagle is.

Dave B.

Here's something no one expected:

iHeartMedia KBEB/Sacramento PD Chris Matthews is exiting as the station flips to Soft AC as "The Breeze" Monday (11/12).

Here's something no one expected:

iHeartMedia KBEB/Sacramento PD Chris Matthews is exiting as the station flips to Soft AC as "The Breeze" Monday (11/12).

Oh man. Only two country stations in SAC? What will we do?

Seriously - I'm surprised it took this long for one to give up.

Dave B.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom