• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

North Dakota Radio

How come the radio is so boring in ND? And by boring I really mean no new exciting formats being tried like rhythmic AC. Many of these stations don't even have websites, let alone streams. I'm talking about markets like Jamestown or Dickinson, Grafton, etc. There are many satellite stations. Is it because of the lack of listener participation or population? I never really hear about stations in this state - all you hear about is the big NYC or L.A. ones which all have been tried again and again with the same hogwash.

Rhythmic AC in ND? Ever been there? The format is a failure in places where the demographic is far more likely to accept it. Why on earth would anyone try it there?

They're programming to listeners there, not radio geeks on boards.

doctor_radio said:
icycool7227 said:
How come the radio is so boring in ND? And by boring I really mean no new exciting formats being tried like rhythmic AC. Many of these stations don't even have websites, let alone streams. I'm talking about markets like Jamestown or Dickinson, Grafton, etc. There are many satellite stations. Is it because of the lack of listener participation or population? I never really hear about stations in this state - all you hear about is the big NYC or L.A. ones which all have been tried again and again with the same hogwash.

Well there's one in Alaska and that's tyhe least populated state!

ND is almost as white as Sara Lee, and you expect Movin' to work there? Streaming is expensive especially for stations with tighter budgets in smaller markets. Which is also why so many stations have satellite formats in ND. Some of the Fargo and Grand Forks stations are streaming, though.

At least Grand Forks, Fargo and Bismarck have some live local talk shows. I'm here in Rapid City where it's satellite radio without the subscription fee.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom