• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Non-conformist CHRs?

I'm afraid I don't follow Green Bay radio very closely. What's unique about WIXX?

Not sure if that's true or if they do their own research. For example, flo ridas wait is one of the most played songs... and no other station plays that one.
Depending on the market and the station position inside a group owner, the PD has varying levels of autonomy with the music mix. Most successful ones, try to stay inside the guardrails certainly when it comes to playing 'oh-wow' cuts. Don't allow them to become 'oh-no' cuts.

Old saying in the radio biz: Avoid giving your listeners a reason to tune-out. Doing research helps one avoid that pitfall.

I'm afraid I don't follow Green Bay radio very closely. What's unique about WIXX?
They play their biggest hits 67 times a week (that works out to about every 2 1/2 hours), which is low by Top 40 standards today -- although it wouldn't have been unusual back in the nineties. Glancing through their playlist, I suspect that they play a larger number of currents than is typical today, as well.

Does that mean that they play more stiffs (as someone else commented)? I'll let someone who is more familiar with present-day Top 40 respond to that -- to the extent that I listen to current music, my taste leans more towards Hot AC.

WIXX was the station that immediately came to mind for me.

The station also aired all Green Bay Packers games for many years. I think WIXX is a superbly executed station that reflects the tastes of the local region.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom