• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Nodaker - LP FM in Rapid City

Hi ya Nodaker,

I forgot to mention there's an LP in Rapid. KFND 97.1, with 13 watts. I can hear them along I-190 but SD public radio in Faith steps all over 97.1 elsewhere. I swapped an email with the pastor of the church and he noted the interference but there's not much they can do, LP is the bottom of the radio food chain. It seems almost ironic, a religious station getting interference from Faith. Someone had the radio bug bad enough to go through all that hassle for 13 watts.

This isn't going to work. Poor choice of frequency. KPSD/Faith is a full Class C transmitting from 1,500 feet in the sky. As such, it has significant coverage into Rapid City.

KPSD will likely file a complaint with the FCC over the intereference. Under the rules, LPFM stations *must* resolve all interference issues with full-power stations. If another suitable frequency cannot be obtained, KFND will be ordered to cease operations.

I seriously doubt that any kind of complaint will be filed. Rapid City is on the very fringe of KPSD's coverage map. KPSD fades fast quickly south of I-90.

What is a mystery to me is why spend money to get a 13 watt flea power?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom