• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Translator Granted For Toms River

The FCC approved the proposed translator for 104.5 in Toms River on 10/28, granting calls of W283BY ..
The translator is owned by Priority Radio, and will translate WVBH, 88.3, Beach Haven West (which in turn simulcasts the Contemporary Christian format from WXHL, 89.1, Christiana DE) ..

Kinda surprised that Clear Channel didn't oppose this, since WRFF from Philly comes in pretty well over here, at least at my location anyway ..

I sent them a few emails when you posted this weeks ago, my response from them was, "if people like us that much, they always have I-Heart and the internet to listen to us. That tells me they really dont care about it, which seems very unprofessional and rude to the people in that area.

Or, maybe there's not that they can really do about it and they are giving you some viable options to continue listening.

wrff.jpgwrff1.jpg wrff site in roxbourough.

I think it won't last long, and 55 watts won't get out much from Downtown TR anyway.
All they need is a few complaints and they'll be forced off the air...and who's gonna wanna hear them anyway?

It's a complete joke. 104.1 would've been a better frequency to grant a translator, but god how many bible humping stations do we need in this state when there's a good percentage of Jewish and other religions in the Monmouth/Ocean area. Honestly, these translators should be served as format holes and not flooded with continuous non stop junk.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom