• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Traditional Soft AC for Jacksonville?

I came across this today about a shakeup of Cox in Jacksonville. Someone on the North Florida board posted that 106.5 Ponte Vedra Beach/Jacksonville, FL has changed its calls to WEZI, according to radio-locator; this checks out with the FCC site, too, which lists the station as WEZI, as of 9/24. Some are postulating on the board that an "easy" format could be headed to 106.5, based on the new call sign. Also, I noticed that someone else on the board referred to the possible new format as "Easy AC", which i think is an appropriate name to differentiate this format between the current version of soft AC (not sure if that was the person's own personal name for the format, or if that is some new terminology that the traditional soft AC stations are now using to refer to the format). Some of the traditional soft AC stations, broadcast and online, refer to their format as "soft oldies". I don't really care for that particular name for the format, because those of us who do softer AC stations incorporate current music within our playlist, too, so the "easy oldies" name doesn't seem to fit. "Easy AC" would imply different periods of music, not just older music.

Here's the link to the Jacksonviile post about the call sign change and discussion as to whether Cox plans to do a tradtional soft AC station on 106.5 in Jacksonville.

http://www.radiodiscussions.com/sho...ille-Shakeup&p=6067551&viewfull=1#post6067551

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom