• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Ratings System?

C

clericus

Making waves in radio: Pocket-sized gadget's impact on listener ratings and ad revenue could be seismic shift in the medium's paradigm
BY ERIKA SMITH, The Indianapolis Star, 04.22.07

http://www.sbe38.org/2007/04/22/making-waves-in-radio-indianapolis-star/

Forget the iPod.

The Portable People Meter, another pocket-sized gadget, is about to change the broadcast radio industry forever.[EDIT]

EDIT-post truncated because originating material is copyprotected . Unauthorized use of copyrighted content is in violation of Radio-Info's TOS.]

clericus said:
The Portable People Meter, another pocket-sized gadget, is about to change the broadcast radio industry forever.[EDIT]

The PPM will not replace the diary method in San Diego until April / May / June 2009. The last diary-based book will be Winter, 2009.

I hope that means no more telemarketing calls begging for information on what stations I've been listening to.

Jacmac said:
I hope that means no more telemarketing calls begging for information on what stations I've been listening to.

No such luck. Arbitron does not gather listening data on the phone for either the old or the new method. Whoever is calling you is doing some kind of advertiser study, or recruiting for call out music research or to invite you to a music test.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom