• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New PD at New Radio 106.7

Since WSB has so many people brainwashed into thinking its a news station no one can even become a competitor. 106.7 even joined up with channel 5 but that don't even matter. Even the number 2 tv station can't even draw an audience compared to the almighty WSB TV. 106.7 should just go ahead and become Nash Icon and give up ever trying to compete with WSB.

Does the new PD think he's joining some other station? He commented, "It is also exciting to join a team which had one of the most successful launches of a new spoken-word format in many years and is now positioned to become the undisputed news leader in Atlanta."

Does the new PD think he's joining some other station? He commented, "It is also exciting to join a team which had one of the most successful launches of a new spoken-word format in many years and is now positioned to become the undisputed news leader in Atlanta."

good one Roddy, "undisputed news leader in ATL" Gawd what the hell is he smoking

Especially with WABE opening up daytime programming to spoken word.

I've said this before, but it bears saying it again. Though I usually prefer to listen to music, there are times when I want to hear spoken word programming. I don't care if the spoken words on the radio sound like the news section of a newspaper or the editorial page. That means I don't care if it's strictly hard news or if it's talk about things that are in the news. If I didn't hang out in this forum, I wouldn't know that 106.7 had spoken word programming that I might like. And, if I didn't know that I could find spoken word programming on 106.7, since it isn't one of my preset buttons, I'd never stumble across it by accident.

I don't much care who they hire to run the place, or what he puts on the air. If they don't do a better job of letting potential listeners know that they exist, their ratings will continue to suck.

Re:

Cumulus programmers always spew a line of B.S. in their press releases. They have no choice but to tell tall tales. So many of their large & major market stations have remarkably underwhelming track records.

Cumulus programmers always spew a line of B.S. in their press releases. They have no choice but to tell tall tales. So many of their large & major market stations have remarkably underwhelming track records.

Because they do DUMB things constantly. Like taking Oldies off of 98.9, how did that workout, and to continue with that lame 97.9 20 on 20.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom