• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New laptop acting wonky - any adivce?

I bought a new HP Laptop at Walmart the other day. It works great except for one thing. I downloaded FireFox and the zoom level changes all by itself. It goes from 100% to 130% to 150%. Then it will go smaller. 110% to 90% to 70% to 50% to 30%. Any one have any advice on what I can do about this without using a different browser?

I gave up on Firefox it always gave me problems

I bought a new HP Laptop at Walmart the other day. It works great except for one thing. I downloaded FireFox and the zoom level changes all by itself. It goes from 100% to 130% to 150%. Then it will go smaller. 110% to 90% to 70% to 50% to 30%. Any one have any advice on what I can do about this without using a different browser?

I have a new HP laptop with Windows 10 Pro and Linux Mint 17.3 on it. Firefox works just fine on both. You could have had a corrupted download. Try deleting, downloading, and installing it again.

It just changes alone or while you are browsing with your mouse? Maybe you're pushing a combination that makes the zomm go in and out (like 2 fingers at the same time, etc).

You might also ensure you are using the most current version of FF: 44.0.2

This isn't exact definition of your problem but it might help: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Screen%20resolution%20changes%20when%20starting%20Firefox

I uninstalled Fire Fox and reinstalled it and am still having the same problems. It happens at random times. I can be typing and it can happen whether here or on Facebook Messenger.

I assume you have queried Google to see if anyone else is having a similar problem? Have you opened a trouble report with HP?

I assume you have queried Google to see if anyone else is having a similar problem? Have you opened a trouble report with HP?

A stuck Control key could be a problem. Control+, Control-, and Control/mouse-wheel control the scrolling.

Weird. I'm using the most current version of Firefox and am not experiencing the "random zoom" issue. Maybe you could try an older version just to see if the same thing happens (if you happen to have a copy of an older version available).

Anytime I uninstall program, I use Revo Uninstaller Pro, which besides uninstalling the program, also cleans the registry of anything left behind. Might try that then reinstall Firefox.

I much prefer Chrome.

That has to do with the pinch gesture on your touchpad that you're using on your new laptop. Basically, they made it so it's easier to zoom-in and zoom-out on maps and photos while you're browsing, but you also can zoom-in and zoom-out on the webpage you're viewing with the gestures. You may be accidentally zooming-in and zooming-out as you're browsing webpages in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc. which can be very annoying. I already disabled my pinch gesture.

All you got to do is go to Start -> Settings -> Devices -> Mouse & Touchpad. Or sometimes you have to click the tiny little arrow down in the notification area at the bottom-right of your screen and find the touchpad settings. Depending on your computer brand/make, you have to find your way to the touchpad settings and disable the pinch gesture.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom