• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New KMLE Chandler Phoenix Logo

The logo shows a mountain.... Camelback Mtn.... the best known mountain in the Valley of the Sun.... not defending the logo and change, but for those of you not from AZ...there is a connection.

That mountain looks so generic that it could be nearly any other mountain with somewhat symmetrical sloping.

I lived with a view of Camelback for years and drove by it nearly daily for a good part of that time... and the logo, if anything, made me think of South Mountain first. Heck, it looks like the slopes of another mountain I lived beneath, Pichincha, more than Camelback.

The logo shows a mountain.... Camelback Mtn.... the best known mountain in the Valley of the Sun.

My understanding is that "The Camel" in "Camel Country" was less about the mountain and more about this...for lack of a better term...entity. The Camel was a mythical beast that was the soul of the station. Not an actual camel, but this thing that existed apart from the logo or the on air staff or even the company that owned the station. When you went to "grab a hump and hang on" you weren't saying "I relate to this because it vaguely reflects the outline of a geological feature."

It was something more. You were grabbing a metaphorical hump and going along on the journey...riding this creature that went beyond "oh, I get it...the mountain kinda looks like a camel."

It was something more. You were grabbing a metaphorical hump and going along on the journey...riding this creature that went beyond "oh, I get it...the mountain kinda looks like a camel."

Will this lead to a de-animalization of country radio? No more Froggy. No more Wolf. No more Bull. Not sure I get this.

KMLE has not been the same since the days of Taylor and the Bear. I know that is a long time ago but that was the last really good morning show. The Mr. Happy bits cracked me up. KMLE has never been any good since those days

KMLE has not been the same since the days of Taylor and the Bear. I know that is a long time ago but that was the last really good morning show. The Mr. Happy bits cracked me up. KMLE has never been any good since those days

I say flip the camel to something other than country and see what happens. Of course, the same could be said for the Edge / Free FM / Live 101.5 or whatever they are calling it these days! Besides KOOL, it’s some rough going for Entercom and the former CBS radio stations in Phoenix!

I say flip the camel to something other than country and see what happens.

It would be crazy to blow up a station for a couple of bad books. The station is a strong revenue producer even though the ratings have dropped. This is a station that has historically been up and down, and has been able to overcome bad books and even jump over KNIX several times in the past. The station simply needs a few format tweaks and perhaps a bit more active airstaff.

Well sure, that conveys that the letters KMLE spell out "Camel," but does it do a better job of expressing the "fun and upbeat tone of the station" better than a vague outline of a geological feature?!

I don't know about you, but I always associate "vibrant personality" with something that was pushed up out of the ground a few million years ago by natural processes. And referencing Camelback Mountain? You have to admit...that's a novel approach that's never been tried in this town.

I don't know about you, but I always associate "vibrant personality" with something that was pushed up out of the ground a few million years ago by natural processes. And referencing Camelback Mountain? You have to admit...that's a novel approach that's never been tried in this town.

That is almost as unique and creative as using a palm tree in an ad or logo anywhere from LA to Tucson.

Hey, what if... I should service mark this... we put a saguaro in the logo of a Phoenix station! That is better even than a dolphin logo in Florida!

Hey, what if... I should service mark this... we put a saguaro in the logo of a Phoenix station! That is better even than a dolphin logo in Florida!

Quite a few saguaros resemble a one finger salute...perfect for a station with a bad ass attitude!

Bland logo. Is that is supposed to be Camelback mountain? it looks more like a pile of dog poop.

I liked the old KOOL-FM logo and the old KMLE logo certainly looks better than the new one.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom