• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New JVC HD Radios available

> At $279 they should do fairly well.
>
http://www.cr> utchfield.com/S-HoJZAjH367s/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=257KDHDR1
>

Now if only my Tax refund would arrive!

> > At $279 they should do fairly well.
> >
> http://www.cr>
> utchfield.com/S-HoJZAjH367s/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=257KDHDR1
>
> >
>
> Now if only my Tax refund would arrive!

stop paying the government every week and you wouldnt need a refund. big refund = paying the government too much during the year..i may buy this radio since it is xm ready also and i need a new receiver.<P ID="signature">______________
note to the NAB..satellite radio..its worth paying for!!</P><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by smashedcd on 03/14/06 09:09 AM.</FONT></P>

> > > At $279 they should do fairly well.
> > >
> > http://www.cr>
> >
> utchfield.com/S-HoJZAjH367s/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=257KDHDR1
>
> >
> > >
> >
> > Now if only my Tax refund would arrive!
>
>
> stop paying the government every week and you wouldnt need a
> refund. big refund = paying the government too much during
> the year..i may buy this radio since it is xm ready also and
> i need a new receiver.
>
Will it receive HD-2 signals?

> Will it receive HD-2 signals?

Yes. It will receive multicasting.

A good deal for a new car radio, but...
I really truly hate the concept of mail-in rebates.
The whole purpose is to charge more for the product and assume that many or most buyers will not follow through. I recently bought something and then learned that I was not elligible for the fifty dollar rebate because I paid with real ¢a$h money, which I had thought would be just as good as plastic.<P ID="signature">______________
Proud 2 B a pioneering satellite radio subs¢riber
Ai4i is always on the trailing edge of technology
______________</P>

i just received this today i have to get it installed this weekend....

> i just received this today i have to get it installed this
> weekend....
>

Let us know what you think. I am considering one myself.

> > i just received this today i have to get it installed this
>
> > weekend....
> >
>
> Let us know what you think. I am considering one myself.
>
I received my JVCKD-HDR1 radio yesterday (March 15th 2006) and installed it late that evening. To make a long story

short, as far as the FM HD audio goes, it's impeccable. The broadcaster setup their audio chains to preserve the digital

audio integrety in that mode and it just shines straight through in HD mode. The radio automatically switches over to HD

mode when the signal is present. I'm in the Akron Ohio area where there aren't any AM HD broadcasters. I had thought

that WJR went HD since they had shut down their CQUAM signal back in October so I can only tell you about listening to

FM HD. The HD audio combined with their Circle Surround presets, create a fabulous soundstage even with my stock

speakers that came with my 98 Chevy Cavalier. It's a beautiful radio that is highly selective on both AM and FM. I'm

surprised at the attention given to its AM section. I believe JVC employs some sort of DSP signal processing to reduce

noise on the AM signal when it's weak. The DSP noise reduction works wonders while trying to hold on to a weak AM

station and the selectivity is far superior to the stock Delco radio that I ripped out of the car. The only fault I'm

found with the radio involves it's FM STereo capture threshold. It's a little tight for my standards much like the set I

took out of the car. I'm used to the "old school" radios that fought to the grizzly death to hold on to Stereo at all

costs. They don't make those any more. I picked up an FM preamp and modified it to pass-through AM while amplifying FM

signals. I threw that in series with the antenna input on the JVC, hooked it up to the power-sense line and viola: way

better FM stereo capture. The FM Selectivity is excellent. It's very easy to get channels right next to strong channels

on both FM and AM. Those of you who picked up this radio, are ultimately in for a real treat, and this is coming from a

guy that doesn't have any additional amps or subwoofers or for that matter, fancy speakers. If I can hear the dramatic

difference under those conditions, just imagine what more creative installations will reveal! Be proud JVCers!
Anthony W
Cuyahoga Falls OH

The JVC HDR1 car receiver seems to have no way to manually tune in blank or weak signals...skips right over known weak stations on both AM and FM bands. No matter what buttons are pushed. The HD2 feature is okay. The text display seems to be less info than the Panasonic CQ-CB8901U. About only call letters display on the JVC. the JVC is better sounding on AM and FM compared to the Panasonic. The Panasonic also tended to lock up and give "E1" error messages which meant rebooting. At least, that doesn't happen on the JVC, but it can lock up diplay in odd ways and you need to tune to a new frequency and back again. The two/three button pushing to switch modes, analog, digital, or auto is also poor engineering design.
--------------

>
> better FM stereo capture. The FM Selectivity is excellent.
> It's very easy to get channels right next to strong channels
>
>
> on both FM and AM. Those of you who picked up this radio,
> are ultimately in for a real treat, and this is coming from
> a
>
> guy that doesn't have any additional amps or subwoofers or
> for that matter, fancy speakers. If I can hear the dramatic
>
>
> difference under those conditions, just imagine what more
> creative installations will reveal! Be proud JVCers!
> Anthony W
> Cuyahoga Falls OH
>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom