• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Format on KBKS 106.1 FM HD2 (Club Phusion)

The programming for Russians has disappeared, in its place is IHEARTRADIO's Club Phusion. This is a dance music mix channel that airs on about 20 HD2 signals throughout the US. You can wiki Club Phusion for more information on the format and affiliated stations.

Now if we could only get an 80's HD station and a Smooth Jazz HD station and a real classic rock deepcuts station. Among other formats.

Other cities have them. Why not here?

I still think there's a untried format that has potential for attracting a wide audience -- one that has more flavor than a lot of the smooth jazz stations did, and can still provide that "oasis" outlet for listeners with a substantial amount of non-vocal music.
Some call it "Chill-out," "Euro-fusion," "world groove," and I'm sure some of you have other names for what you think I'm talking about here. Wrap it all p in a nice groovy mix, but make it more sophisticated and less frantic than the CHR/dance formats. Think Buddha Bar and Cafe Del Mar. If you haven't heard of any of them, you probably haven't traveled much outside the US, or gone to clubs and parties curated by DJs who aren't there to play the Chicken Dance.

I think a more uptempo dance-fusion mix, which seems to be what we're now getting on HD2, is also an under-represented format on the dial. Not sure the thinking and mixology of the current radio operators can do justice to either an uptempo or medium-down tempo version of these formats. But at least some of the speciality shows I've heard in these genres, the satellite radio and execution of these formats overseas, make it intriguing as a possible youthful "upgrade" to the smooth jazz formats, and the overabundance of hip-hop inspired CHR vocalists.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom