• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Anchors Announced At WROC

B

BrettBaldeck

For those who already dont know WROC is finally getting a additonal anchor to join Cathy Oroz on Wake Up Rochester. Melanie Barnas will join the team as an anchor. Also she will anchor the noon newscast by with Cathy. This is all according to WROC TV website. Katrina Irwin will be the weekend anchor of Fox First at ten and Lia Lando will be during the week. Scott Hetsko will do the weather for both wuhf and wroc. John Kucko does sports during the week and Dave Yates will do it during the weekend. Kinda confusing as of now cause all the reporters pretty much are switching roles it seems like.

> For those who already dont know WROC is finally getting a
> additonal anchor to join Cathy Oroz on Wake Up Rochester.
> Melanie Barnas will join the team as an anchor. Also she
> will anchor the noon newscast by with Cathy. This is all
> according to WROC TV website. Katrina Irwin will be the
> weekend anchor of Fox First at ten and Lia Lando will be
> during the week. Scott Hetsko will do the weather for both
> wuhf and wroc. John Kucko does sports during the week and
> Dave Yates will do it during the weekend. Kinda confusing as
> of now cause all the reporters pretty much are switching
> roles it seems like.
>

Better check with the poster known as TV Friend. He writes that Cathy Orosz is leaving Channel 8 at the end of the year. The reason, according to a reliable source, is that Orosz won't be anchoring the early morning show. Like her predecessor, Melissa Long, Orosz was told that she is going back into the field as a reporter, which means less money in her paycheck.

"TV Friend" also claims that meteorologists Rob Haswell and Christine Crafts are also leaving 8.

Scott Fybush reported on his web site, www.fybush.com , weeks ago on the arrival of Corning native Lia Lando to anchor FOX 31's 10:00 newscast five nights, with Katrina Irwin taking up the anchor duties the remaining two nights a week.

<P ID="signature">______________
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them".</P>

Was home for lunch and caught the tail end of the Noon Broadcast of Channel 8, and there was a tearful goodbye given by Cathy Orosz to Christine Crafts (Christine was crying the most)... Christine is leaving to take a teaching position @ SUNY Brockport in their Meterology Dept...

Re: Smart Move On Her Part

> Was home for lunch and caught the tail end of the Noon
> Broadcast of Channel 8, and there was a tearful goodbye
> given by Cathy Orosz to Christine Crafts (Christine was
> crying the most)... Christine is leaving to take a teaching
> position @ SUNY Brockport in their Meterology Dept...
>
The subject says it all.

Academia has attracted a number of former and current broadcasters. Warren White, Chet Walker, Tom Proietti and Ginny Batchelor just to name a few.

It’s ironic that another meteorologist, Pat Billone, formerly at Channel 13, and does some fill-in work at 10 I believe, also went into teaching full-time.
<P ID="signature">______________
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them".</P>

Re: Smart Move On Her Part

> The subject says it all.
>
> Academia has attracted a number of former and current
> broadcasters. Warren White, Chet Walker, Tom Proietti and
> Ginny Batchelor just to name a few.
>
> It’s ironic that another meteorologist, Pat Billone,
> formerly at Channel 13, and does some fill-in work at 10 I
> believe, also went into teaching full-time.
>

I have to agree with that... This goes back awhile... But another to add to the list... Paul Mroz... He was a science teacher @ Spencerport and a fill in Meterologist @ 13...

There will always be a need for teachers, with the "Corporate Consolidation" going on in all businesses, who's to say there would even a permanent position with desireable hours, etc...

Re: NEW Re: New Anchors Announced At WROC

> The D&C has blurb about all the changes... Mentioned in it
> is 2 new weather folks... 1 from LA, the other from
> Elmira...
>
> Here's the link...
http://www.democratandchronicle.com> /apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051101/BUSINESS/511010319/1001
>

The D&C covering something happening in the broadcast world?!?!?!? The gods must be crazy...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom