• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New All-90s Station in Albany, NY

Sorry if this the wrong forum... but 105.7 Crush FM has launched in Albany, New York with an all-90s format yesterday. So far, I'm enjoying it, and it seems to play more from 1988 to 2002 rather than 1990 to 1999. (fun fact: the predecessor, 105.7 The Buzz started out as an all-80s station in late 2000 on 104.5 FM (although it eventually evolved into Hot AC and then Mainstream AC) and moved up the dial several years later to 105.7 when that signal moved in from the Saratoga/Glens Falls market) :D

danikayser84 said:
Sorry if this the wrong forum... but 105.7 Crush FM has launched in Albany, New York with an all-90s format yesterday. So far, I'm enjoying it, and it seems to play more from 1988 to 2002 rather than 1990 to 1999. (fun fact: the predecessor, 105.7 The Buzz started out as an all-80s station in late 2000 on 104.5 FM (although it eventually evolved into Hot AC and then Mainstream AC) and moved up the dial several years later to 105.7 when that signal moved in from the Saratoga/Glens Falls market) :D

A friend of mine who lives in Albany recently introduced me to this station, and damn... it sounds amazing. I'm pretty obsessed with it. I stream it all the time from home and from work. Their playlist actually goes from the early '80s to the late '00s now, but probably three quarters of their songs are from the '90s. I don't think any station could pull off ONLY playing music from '90 to '99.

I love how this station has a rhythmic lean to it... lots of dance and rhythmic tunes from the early to mid '90s which I love... plus some modern rock thrown in as well but not too much. I LOVE it!!!

danikayser84 said:

Sounds like a train wreck. It should just cover the 80s and 90s. Putting in the 00s is a little bit too early. I stopped listening to Top 40 in 2001. Michelle Branch mixed with Tom Petty, SWV, Robin S, Creed and Arrested Development? If that is called oldies then I am going to check into the Retirement Home. ??? The early 90s, and 80s dance songs is good enough. The thing about the 90s is everything shifted into different genres you had your grunge, alternative, indie, hip hop, new jack swing, slow jams, dance, pop, rave, house and electronica. The 80s had your new wave, disco, funk, pop, rap, rock, heavy metal, and dance.

I would have to change stations on about 70 percent of the music played on the station.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom