• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Need Help with RDS Phantom

jrjackson

Inactive
Inactive User
I am looking for a "phantom expert" that can help with programming/technical issues. One of our phantoms failed and we are trying to install another phantom that we had on the shelf. Our new engineer doesn't have any phantom experience. I appreciate an opportunity to talk w/someone that can help. Let's talk rate/pricing and plan a time tackle the project either by phone or w/visit to station.

Thanks
Junior Jackson
251-769-7124

Think they still offer tech support.

Problem with Phantom is that they are a closed in group. Not a ton of these out there. Reading the manual doesn't make sense when you look at it from the standpoint of any other automation system. not that it's BAD just DIFFERENT.

Don't expect your tech to learn it. Make someone who is there every day learn how to operate it leaving the real repairs to the tech.

Just a thought that will save you in teh lon g run.

Think they still offer tech support.

Sure...I am looking for a better option.

Just a thought that will save you in teh lon g run.

The guy that ran it everyday left. Not really looking long term w/the phantom. Already planning to install a new automation system w/in the next year. But your thoughts are on the money. Thanks

I'm just afraid that you will not find anyone who doesn't already know it who is willing to learn it.

I knew an early version of the Phantom and knew it well. A few years after that the station called me to work on it after their everyday guy left. Guess what? Software changes made the new version a totally new learning process. Learned it. But that didn't mean it was fun and after that the station didn't pay for 4 years.

Phantom is a workable automation system, but, anything that uses proprietary software, forces you to use hard drives they format and mark mark mark up, has slow tech support, and isn't universally used makes your operation a train wreck waiting to happen unless you have staff who learns it inside and out. Same is true of any automation system.

With Simian and it's newere versions at less than 1k and many other options out there put the money towards something new if the Phantom is still working. Good money towards bad. If you loose a hard drive you can pay for Simian.

We fixed it...no phone responses from our posting on this board, although we appreciate Chief Engineer for wanting to "chat".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom