• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NBA Executive Reportedly Says League Will Eventually Have Team in Kansas City

"Kansas City" by Wilber Harrison was released in 1959
"Walkin' To New Orleans" by Fats Domino was released in 1960.

No relation to NBA moves.

No, but I could see someone at a Charlotte radio station having the idea of playing both those songs back to back after the DJ reads a news story about the Hornets possibly moving again.

WODS Boston used to have a daily feature in which three oldies would be played and listeners would try to guess the connection. One day in 2001, the Red Sox had just traded an unpopular outfielder named Carl Everett, so the three songs selected were "Everlasting Love" by Carl Carlton, "The Shoop Shoop Song" by Betty Everett, and "(Na Na Hey Hey) Kiss Him Goodbye" by Steam, all of which, obviously, had nothing to do with the player, the trade, or even baseball. Carl Everett, Goodbye! Didn't take a listener long to claim the prize on that one.

"Kansas City" by Wilber Harrison was released in 1959
"Walkin' To New Orleans" by Fats Domino was released in 1960.

No relation to NBA moves.
That was just me. I didn't say anyone played the songs because the team might move to one of those cities. I just meant it seemed appropriate.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom