• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Navidad 1280??

WADO is airing Christmas music as "Navidad 1280", I'm listening online. I think they just do it for a few hours because yesterday I tuned in at 12PM and listened till 1PM, because they went to paid programming at 1.

There's a local host on WADO for Navidad 1280! His name is Max Perez Jimenez. He went on air right after Buenos Dias America wrapped up. At 10:01, legal ID played and there's no mention of LMN at all. Univision seems to still be in control.

There apparently has been no actual transfer of WADO from Univision to LMN.
This past November, counsel for Univision Radio Stations Group asked the Commission to dismiss the assignment application to LMN. The Univision Group's stations had all been assigned late in 2022, but Univision's counsel in February indicated to the Commission that there was a wrinkle with WADO, and the consummation of WADO was reversed by the FCC at Univision's request. Then came requests from LMN's counsel for a first, then a second 90-day extension of the consummation. Mention was made of needing to get a lease for the tower site from NJDEP.
The back-and-forth about WADO is part of the KTNQ assignment file, as that was the lead station in the initial filing.
It's all at the bottom of the page here:
KTNQ Notice of Consummation

This past November, counsel for Univision Radio Stations Group asked the Commission to dismiss the assignment application to LMN. The Univision Group's stations had all been assigned late in 2022, but Univision's counsel in February indicated to the Commission that there was a wrinkle with WADO, and the consummation of WADO was reversed by the FCC at Univision's request. Then came requests from LMN's counsel for a first, then a second 90-day extension of the consummation. Mention was made of needing to get a lease for the tower site from NJDEP.
The back-and-forth about WADO is part of the KTNQ assignment file, as that was the lead station in the initial filing.
It's all at the bottom of the page here:
KTNQ Notice of Consummation
I had no idea NJDEP owned the WADO site? WKDM also used to be nearby.

All very interesting information. My recollection of the original contract provided for the possibility of this station being removed, and a requisite amount of cash to be refunded to LMN. Certainly no shortage of AM stations available now in NYC, most notably WLIB from Emmis.

Back
Top Bottom