• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Murry Christmuss Evehbody!

Let me be the first to say... the state of radio in Nashville is pretty boring if this is even worth posting. (And it may not be)
When does 92.9 start? Any other stations going Christmas? It's one of those annual "Hey-this-would -be-a-good-time-to-change-formats" periods. Thanksgiving, Xmas, NY
Seems like Mix 92.9 started around Veterans' Day last year. That should be early enough for anyone around here!

Do stations still get the ratings bump as they once did?
Last year in most markets the bump for the "Christmas station" was as great as or greater than ever. Of course, this only positively affects one or, perhaps two, stations in each market. For many stations, it represents a dip in the wrong direction.

There are a couple of markets such as Miami where the effect is much less.

I never worked at a station that went all Christmas. All the ones I worked at started on Thanksgiving playing one per depart and ramping up till Christmas. That was enough to make me sick of "Ho Ho" tunes for a lifetime! Guess I'm a Scrooge....

I never worked at a station that went all Christmas. All the ones I worked at started on Thanksgiving playing one per depart and ramping up till Christmas. That was enough to make me sick of "Ho Ho" tunes for a lifetime! Guess I'm a Scrooge....
True for me, too. But I only worked at music-playing stations prior to 9/11. Seems like everything changed (and not for the better) after that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom