• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Morris & Sussex Counties

I notice Z100 fades out once I get into Randolph, Long Valley, Roxbury, Mt. Arlington, and Mt. Olive and Netcong. I can get 94.5 Yet when I go into Hopatcong it works decently and in Stanhope it fades out. Why is that?

I notice Z100 fades out once I get into Randolph, Long Valley, Roxbury, Mt. Arlington, and Mt. Olive and Netcong. I can get 94.5 Yet when I go into Hopatcong it works decently and in Stanhope it fades out. Why is that?
You're comparing signal coverage of a station on the Empire State Building in New York and one on a tower in Bucks County, PA on different frequencies, coming from opposite directions, one that has mountains between it, etc...

Here's an analogy you might understand. Jimmy lives two blocks north of you. Joey lives three blocks away. But to get to Jimmy's house you need to walk up 5 flights of stairs, be chased by multiple dogs, and at certain times you may need to dodge someone who wants to beat you up. Even though Joey lives further, it is a clearer path to his house so you'll get there sooner.

bangs head on desk. that hurts less then trying to understand the question and why he was asked.

It's more of a broad, unrelated question then comparing apples to oranges and day to night.,

You're comparing signal coverage of a station on the Empire State Building in New York and one on a tower in Bucks County, PA on different frequencies, coming from opposite directions, one that has mountains between it, etc...

Here's an analogy you might understand. Jimmy lives two blocks north of you. Joey lives three blocks away. But to get to Jimmy's house you need to walk up 5 flights of stairs, be chased by multiple dogs, and at certain times you may need to dodge someone who wants to beat you up. Even though Joey lives further, it is a clearer path to his house so you'll get there sooner.
Dude.

Not sure how the other NYC stations fare in those areas but Z100 is on the same frequency as Philadelphia's 100.3. The same situation with 101.1. 94.5 might be received well but not so much in other areas because of sidebands from 94.7 the Block

Back
Top Bottom