• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Moody Blues co-founder and keyboardist Mike Pinder dead at 82

I met Pinder in California once. He had lived there for many years. Nice man and extremely talented. His work on the Moody Blues records from 1967 until his departure from the band was outstanding. The Mellotron was a big part of the bands sound. RIP...

In addition to his songwriting and keyboard contributions, Pinder also was the Moody who recited the poetry written by the group's drummer, Graeme Edge. "Breathe deep the gathering gloom ..."
OM was one of many great Pinder tunes. The sound quality of the Moody's records was phenomenal. Pete Townshend once remarked he was very impressed by their attention to detail in making albums...🌎

I absolutely hate to see the news of another Moody Blue pass away. One of my late fathers' absolute favorite artists, and I like them quite a bit as well. I have fond toddler memories of looking through my parents' albums, and their album covers were some of the most mesmerizing. RIP, and thank you for the memories and music.

Back
Top Bottom