• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mitch Scott's passing

The owner of Great Scott Broadcasting passed away over the weekend. What will happen now to the 7+ stations that were under his control. Would anyone take a chance on any of these stations? Here is an artical from delmarvanow.com--http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20130319/WCT01/303190062/Mitch-Scott-radio-executive-dies-56

I have seen his stations listed for sale in the past. I don't think his death will have a major impact on the company. The company will go on. He did alot to help out the local Police in OC and gave to charity.

He was a very out going, giving person. One article said he has family so I'm sure they are involved with Great Scott.

Yes he has family, but what I understand for someone who works there is his brothers and sisters live in other states and never wanted anything to do with the station. Even after his mother passed, everything was up to Mitch.

Let's not rumor monger on what's happening...Give the poor guy some respect.

They're good stations...with good crew running 'em day to day. I'm sure he probably has family involved...even if they weren't as visible as Mr. Scott was.

I know it’s not right to speak ill of the dead, but I knew and worked for this guy. He was the worst business owner I have ever met. I have read articles about how he would give you the shirt off his back. But when it came to many folks jobs he said, nope, can’t keep you. You make too much (I was only making $12/hr. I know many folks there only making $7.25/hr. I even offered to do sales to cover myself, and he still said no. Why would you turn down someone to do extra sales, and I had sales experience). Now that is sad. Now I know you are saying that I am bitter, but I’m not. His letting me go was the best thing for me. A door was opened up for me and I am very happy in my new career. Also he put no money back into the stations. All the equipment is very, very, very old. And none of the tower sites have generators. Really in this day and age you don’t have back up power, No wonder Delmarva Broadcasting is winning when it comes to live & local. All I have to say is all he cared is about himself and the money. He was a big show off and he had a lot of people fooled. Karma is a B!tch

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom