• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL, WHAT'S THE BEST OLDIES STATION OF THEM ALL?

M

markoni

So what is today's best and most successful oldies station. I'm just wondering who does it best right now.

For "best", you could make a strong case for WDJO. (Gets my vote....for terrestial radio, anyway. WMID probably would be second on my personal ballot).

For "most successful", KRTH is likely tops in billings.

BEST OLDIES STATION

WMJI in Cleveland. Hands down, not even close. When you look at ratings, revenue and consistently high (usually #1 25-54 ranking) performance, not to mention they were way ahead of almost everybody evolving into the seventies.

KRTH? Just because they're in L.A., they probably bill OK but they've been a ratings disappointment (almost never in the Top 10 25-54) for a decade.

thanks for the replies! I'm checkin' out their websites now!

Mark In The Dark

Re: BEST OLDIES STATION

Oldies Cat said:
WMJI in Cleveland. Hands down, not even close. When you look at ratings, revenue and consistently high (usually #1 25-54 ranking) performance, not to mention they were way ahead of almost everybody evolving into the seventies.

I agree. With a legend like Lanigan to start off the day. I still remember the old "Lanigan In The Morning" jingles when he was on 1220 WGAR. Classic!

I'm prejudiced toward it, because it's my hometown, but KONO in San Antonio also has great ratings and the music is pretty good. The personalities could be better, but the station definitely is one of the tops in the format.

I've never heard WMJI in Cleveland, but I have definitely heard a lot of good things about it. I also saw Steve in THE DREW CAREY SHOW wearing a T-Shirt from that station. As a part-time Pittsburgher and Steeler fan, it's very hard for me to give Cleveland props for anything though. ;)

Northwest Bobby said:
;D Where does KOOL 94.5 Phoenix usually show up in the ratings?? ???

Usually in the top 5, many times even #1. Very strong #s and brand in Phoenix (America's fastest growing market).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom