• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Michele Tafoya done with sideline reporting after this NFL season

This season is expected to be “Sunday Night Football” reporter Michele Tafoya’s final one on the sidelines, The Post has learned.

Sources said it is Tafoya’s decision to step away from the field. She has been on network TV at CBS, ABC/ESPN and NBC for nearly three decades.

NBC declined comment, while Tafoya could not be immediately reached.

In recent days, Tafoya, 56, has been in the news because she has missed three games, which NBC describes as “bye weeks.”

Pretty lengthy career for someone whose job it is to just be around.

I won't say I "knew her when" but The Charlotte Observer did a story on her when she was a local host on WFNZ or whatever it was called then. She was Mickey Conley. I was thinking she changed names because her real name didn't sound right, but Tafoya is her real name and I guess it worked for her.

Michelle Tafoya says she left NBC to work for a Minnesota Republican running for Governor:

She announced a day later she would co-chair the gubernatorial political campaign of Minnesota Republican Kendall Qualls.

translation, she got outted as being MAGA and thus quit TV to become involved in MAGA related Political activity
Or, maybe, she had saved enough money to live well "whatever happens" and wanted to devote her energy to promoting conservative values she believes in.

Not all conservatives are also MAGA dimwits. Just as not all liberals are The Squad followers.

Of course I knew the name but in 30y I can't say anything she did or any sport she is known for. How fabulous is it to be paid for that long a run.

As for the talk circuit she's taken up the last few weeks it's kind of funny. Most have the same objective, one after another. How she was somehow held back (from what?).

I haven't seen Katie Couric interviewed recently in connection with her book tour. I'm waiting for a host to ask her why NBC (and herself) didn't do any investigating of J.Epstein. Or any of a collection of similar people--like Weinstein-- involved in criminal activity. Couric had been a guest in Epstein's home.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom