• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Merger?

I doubt it, there have been merger rumors for over 4 years, and the FCC isn't likely to allow one company or the other to become a monopoly- just as they dissed DirecTV and DISH merger. :)

AZJoe said:
I doubt it, there have been merger rumors for over 4 years, and the FCC isn't likely to allow one company or the other to become a monopoly- just as they dissed DirecTV and DISH merger. :)
I didn't know about that one.

Well, you can't have just one service. My neighbor likes RFD-TV and says you can only get it with Dish Network.

If I decide to get satellite radio, only XM has easy listening, though Sirius seems to have the better standards format. On the other hand, XM has the 40s channel.

vchimpanzee said:
AZJoe said:
I didn't know about that one.

Well, you can't have just one service. My neighbor likes RFD-TV and says you can only get it with Dish Network.

If I decide to get satellite radio, only XM has easy listening, though Sirius seems to have the better standards format. On the other hand, XM has the 40s channel.

RFD-TV is on Directv too.

It would interesting to see what would happen if they did merge.

vchimpanzee said:

And don't overlook XM's '50s channel. They play some pre-rock early '50s (Les Paul, Frankie Laine, Perry Como, etc). Xm '50s "theme" programming is much beter than Sirius Gold.

TheFonz said:
vchimpanzee said:

And don't overlook XM's '50s channel. They play some pre-rock early '50s (Les Paul, Frankie Laine, Perry Como, etc). Xm '50s "theme" programming is much beter than Sirius Gold.
I guess I would enjoy that, at least part time.

Anyway, it's still too complicated and expensive.

I have Dial Global most of the time. "Memories 1280".

TheFonz said:
vchimpanzee said:

I actually prefer Sirius Gold programming to XM's, because it covers the first decade of rock n roll 54- 63- and not the early 50s pop. It just depends what you like, it doesnt make one better than the other- its all in personal preferences. I personally don't think Perry Como and Jane Morgan blend too well with Elvis, the Beach Boys and Chuck Berry. XM also dips their 50s channel into the early 60s alot, it is not exclusive 1950-59.

AZJoe said:
I personally don't think Perry Como and Jane Morgan blend too well with Elvis, the Beach Boys and Chuck Berry. XM also dips their 50s channel into the early 60s alot, it is not exclusive 1950-59.
I agree. I thought the 40s channel would be boring, but there's a lot of good stuff there. But now I see I'd be missing a lot. I guess what I like would be on Escape. Not sure about Frank's Place. I have a hard time picturing Perry Como there, but I want to hear him.

As for the 50s, I think of rock and roll. I should have realized early on that mix of styles would be there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom