• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mary Poppins on ABC Family & other ABC/Disney curiosities

I notice that ABC Family will be showing Mary Poppins several times this month. Is this the first instance of ABC Family using something from their parent company's "original" catalog? I used the quotes because ABC Family has been using Spiderman, Power Rangers, and other properties that Disney has the rights to for some reason or another.

Oh and along those same lines how did ABC/Disney get the rights to show Shrek 2 and The Grinch being that Shrek 2 was made by a competing animation company, and that Time Warner still owns the Chuck Jones animation catalog?

Brian Donegan said:
Oh and along those same lines how did ABC/Disney get the rights to show Shrek 2 and The Grinch being that Shrek 2 was made by a competing animation company, and that Time Warner still owns the Chuck Jones animation catalog?

I'll bet they paid for them.

ABC/ABC Family has bought much Time Warner product over the last few years, most notably the rights to the Harry Potter movies at least through 2014!

....in the category of..."& other ABC/Disney curiositites:
The ABC Family channel just can't seem to get the concept of branding and then sticking to your "brand." They showed "Airplane" for Chrisssakes and "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion"...guess they had a lot of editing to do. Guess they digitally removed the "whacking material" sign from the magazine stand that Peter Graves was standing beside.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom