• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mancows Report Card

A

azenergyfan

**EDIT -- PLEASE DO NOT POST RATINGS**

From an email I received :

SUBJECT: Mancow National Ratings Report Fall 05

REPLY TO: [email protected]

Greetings,

Below please find your nationwide "Mancow" ratings report card - just in from the Fall '05 book. I thought it might be nice for you to have an idea of what Mancow is achieving in other markets, so that you can have a basis for comparison in your own market. As usual, with few exceptions, Mancow dominated his daypart nationwide in most every market he has been in two books or more. Even though many of Mancow's stations are still in their debut book, I thought it might be of interest to you to see the amazing and often dramatic impact that Mancow's Morning Madhouse has had on his stations' ratings growth, once he has been in a market for a full book or more.

If you ever have any questions or comments on Mancow's Morning Madhouse, then please feel free to call TRN-FM affiliate relations at 866-876-5077 or email [email protected]

To see Mancow's ratings report card (and PD comments) please scroll down.

All the best,

Mark Masters
Chief Executive Officer
TRN-FM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

National Ratings Overview for Mancow's Morning Madhouse for Fall of "05"
Since the launch of Mancow's Morning Madhouse last year into national syndication, stations nationwide are ecstatic about the recent ratings coming in on "The Cow."

Erich "Mancow" Muller still reigns supreme on Emmis' WKQX, Chicago, where he ranked #1 in Cume Audience for 18/34 males, and jumped his audience size yet again going from a XXX Share to a XXX Share in AQH Men 18/34, beating out Howard Stern's final book in Chicago by more than a 2 to 1 margin. Mancow also holds an impressive XXX Share in Men 18/49. Mancow not only cleaned up in Cume, but AQH as well in the country's third largest radio market.

On KCXM-FM, Kansas City, Mancow jumped the former "Planet" from 15th place to an astronomical 3rd place after just one book in Fall '05. Mancow's ratings catapulted 259% with Men 18/34, going from a XXX Share to an amazing XXX Share. In Men 18/49, Cow increased an astounding 308% from a XXX to a XXX. KCXM FM also increased its AQH an equally impressive 333% in Men 25/54, (XXX to a XXX Share-rarely seen in a debut book).

Ted Edwards, Operations Manager, KCXM-FM calls Mancow's Morning Madhouse "A machine gun of top of mind contemporary entertainment and topics with daily guests any national television talk show would envy. The show moves at the speed of sound - the Cow is so freaking now!"

Against a heritage morning show in Norfolk, Sinclairs' WROX- FM saw a massive 311% gain in Men 25/54, jumping from an XXX to a XXX Share, Men 18/34 went from a XXX Share to an even more amazing XXX Share, and in Men 18/49 Mancow took his show from a XXX to a XXX Share.

In Los Angeles Clear Channel XTRA's Program Director Don Martin says, "Mancow is the Superstar we were always looking for; he sets our station a part from the rest!"

In Des Moines, on Saga's active rocker KAZR-FM, Mancow ranked #1 in morning drive in the sought after male 18/34 demo, with an amazing XXX Share (XXX in Cume Rating). In the male 18/49 demo Mancow is also #1 with a massive XXX Share (XXX in Cume Rating), and in the male 25/54 demo, Mancow brought in a XXX Share (XXX in Cume Rating). Bill Wells KAZR-FM's Vice President is ecstatic with these results saying, "Mancow had another great book! He continues to be #1 in morning drive for Persons 18/34 and by a wide margin. That means money in the bank for KAZR-FM."

In Joplin, MO, Chris Stevens from Rock Station KJML says, "What can I say about the addition of Mancow in the morning on KJML except that it's just the flippin' greatest morning show on the planet!"

In Salt Lake City, Alan Hague, Vice President of Programming of newly launched Simmons Talker KFMS-FM, says, "Mancow immediately brought us 18/34 Men numbers. He knows how to captivate an audience. Mancow's Morning Madhouse is extremely engaging radio." Mancow's morning drive Cume jumped 133% in Men 12+; 78% in Persons 12+ in Salt Lake City.

In Little Rock, Operations Manager Charlie Kendall was equally excited about Mancow's launch on his FM Rocker KKZR FM, saying "Mancow does more in thirty minutes on his show than most morning shows do in a week!" Mancow is up with Men 18/34 with a XXX in Cume Rating, Mancow is also up with Men 18/49 with a XXX in Cume Rating.

In Marion, IL, Program Director Matt Mellen of WTAO, expresses his complete satisfaction with Mancow's Morning Madhouse saying, "We brought on Cow in November and can already see an increase in both Cume and TSL. What more could we possibly ask for?"

Meanwhile, in Knoxville, Alternative Rocker WNFZ, continues to dominate with Mancow, pulling a massive XXX Share (XXX in Cume Rating) in the all important Male 18/34 demo, and a XXX Share with Males 18/49 (XXX in Cume Rating).

In Medford, on Clear Channel Rocker KZZE, Mancow's Morning Madhouse surged from 3rd place (with an XXX Share) to 1st place with a rocking XXX Share in the Men 18/34 demo. Also, Men 18/49 doubled from a XXX Share to a XXX Share, ranking Mancow 3rd in that demo. KZZE Program Director Rob King says "BING! BAM! BOOM! POW!! It's like 20 morning shows all wrapped up into one."

In Wausau, WMZK's Steve Resnick said, "Mancow is the most addictive, entertaining morning show out there. Our audience took to it instantly - He pleases our old listeners, brought over new listeners and reminded us all why we listen to radio."

Mark Masters, CEO of TRN-FM says "Mancow's Morning Madhouse offers the full spectrum of entertainment - movies, music and politics - which equals massive listenership. Mancow gets this business. He understands what it takes for his stations to make money."

"People have looked at my ratings dominance in the key male demos and have tried to compare my show to others, but there is simply nothing like Mancow's Morning Madhouse on the airwaves. I treat my listeners like they have brains above the waist and they respond. What we have done, with double-digit ratings in the Fall, double-digit ratings for 11 years in Chicago, is we have cracked the FM Talk code. We have figured it out. We know how to do it, make tons of money, attract all the right advertisers and be FCC-safe," said Mancow.

Mancow's Morning Madhouse has recently added KSTN Stockton where General Manager Robert LaRue is clearly thrilled with Mancow's performance saying, "We have only been airing the show for two weeks and the response has been great - it blows the socks off any other morning show."

Likewise, in Springfield, Eric Simon, Program Director for new affiliate station KZRQ says, "In less than four months we have really seen a big buzz on the streets with Mancow and it seems that every where I turn I'm hearing people spout out Chuck Norris Facts and other Mancow-isms. This Spring will surely be huge."

In Champaign, IL, Program Director John Mayotte of WEBX praises Mancow's "Winning" show saying, "Mancow has constantly been at the top of the Champaign - Urbana market with 18/34 year olds. The show finished #1 with 18/34 year old males and finished in the top three with 25/54 year old males in both the Spring and Fall Arbitron books for 2005. Not only that but the service from both TRN and Mancow's Morning Madhouse has been top notch - If you want to win with males in your market then Mancow's Morning Madhouse is the answer."

In Fresno, Vice President Jeff Negrete of KRZR says, "Mancow makes other morning shows sound lazy, I'm thankful he's on our team."

Airing on over two dozen FM stations nationwide, Mancow is leading the trend for a unique new brand of FM Talk programming. "Mancow's Morning Madhouse has become the ultimate hybrid innovation of fast-paced, sidesplitting entertainment and opinion/news," said Mark Masters CEO of TRN-FM. "Combine that with today's top newsmakers and celebrities added heavily into the mix, and you have a show that spans a spectrum that reaches beyond anything heard on FM talkers today," he added.

Mancow's Morning Madhouse airs on Clear Channel's XTRA, Los Angeles, CA; Emmis' Q101 in Chicago, IL; WROX FM, Norfolk, VA; KAZR FM, Des Moines, IA; WWCT FM, Peoria, IL; and KWKJ FM, Warrensburg, MO. Mancow recently added: KRZR, Fresno, CA; KKZR, Little Rock, AR; KQXR, Boise, ID; KCXM, Kansas City, MO; WMZK, Wausau, WI; KFMS, Salt Lake City, UT; WTAO, Marion, IL; KZZE, Medford, OR; KJML, Joplin, MO; WWRK, Florence, SC; KZRQ, Springfield, MO; WEBX, Champaign, IL; KJLL, Tucson, AZ; and KSTN, Stockton, CA.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by LouPickney on 03/04/06 07:53 PM.</FONT></P>

He may be one of the better hot talk morning shows, but those markets aren't really impressive. "Yeah, he's dominating Wausau!" No great effect on top-10 market PDs to jump on him.

They do the same with Savage and the political talkers; I love how they mention markets like they did here with LA and then conspicuously "forget" to post shares. Wonder why...

Although I'm sure this will be gone inside of 24 hours 'cuz ya can't list actual shares :)

> They do the same with Savage and the political talkers; I
> love how they mention markets like they did here with LA and
> then conspicuously "forget" to post shares. Wonder why...

I noticed that, too.

"We love Mancow, he rules!" "We don't know if anyone's listening yet, but he rules!"

:D

Intersperse that with the specific ratings info from other markets, and it looks like they're trying to give the impression that Mancow is getting ratings on KLAC/570 in Los Angeles...when we don't know if he is or not.

-OA<P ID="signature">______________
Ohio Media Watch - <a target="_blank" href=http://ohiomedia.blogspot.com>http://ohiomedia.blogspot.com</a></P>

So far on KQXR/Boise, Mancow has not done as well as Journal would hoped...KQXR was an award winning Alternative station but in recent years has an identity crisis looking more like an active rock station...They also have had 3 PD's in the last 2 years...

Mancow was supposed to "Fix" the station's problems...The entire cluster has musical selection problems with housing an Alternative/Active Rock, an 70's-80's Classic Rocker, an Post-Oldies 60's-70's station and an AAA station together...Let's just say the direction of each station is not diversity...

In my eyes, Mancow's show has a listener cycle...For some people 4 to 6 months is enough Mancow to last a lifetime...

Dizzle

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom