• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mancows Morning Madhouse on Utah's New FM Talk

BloMeUpTom

Inactive
Inactive User
Monday at midnight, utah will get it's first FM talk station, KFMS 97.5 FM will feature Mancows Morning Madhouse, Tom Barberi, Jerry Doyle, and Michael Savage, the next day KSL will begin it's FM talk attempt, as KSL begins airing on 102.7 FM, 2 FM talkers begin at once, this is better then good!!! hope they last.

> Monday at midnight, utah will get it's first FM talk
> station, KFMS 97.5 FM will feature Mancows Morning Madhouse,
> Tom Barberi, Jerry Doyle, and Michael Savage, the next day
> KSL will begin it's FM talk attempt, as KSL begins airing on
> 102.7 FM, 2 FM talkers begin at once, this is better then
> good!!! hope they last.

Jerry Doyle... hotter talk at its best! I'm sure the pubescents and skirtchasers listening to Mancow and perhaps Barberi can't wait for Doyle's 15-year-tired routine of bashing liberals and Congress. Good to see Savage on in SLC, although I think Glenn Beck's entrance is long overdue.

Why is Tom Leykis not on FM talk? Let Bonneville work with the third-tier political shows, and since they won't touch anything touchy, you'd have a wide open market and no competition!

What boring tripe does Bonneville plan to program on its new talk station, and why must they continue to overradio the market with new talk stations no one wants. KSL-FM? Like no one can hear it on 1160? I can hear it better than 1/2 the stations here in Phoenix at night! If their reasoning is audience, I can't imagine former AC listeners will flock to hear the same news repeated over and over, Doug Wright, You're a Great American Sean Hannity, and boring nighttime talk. Not that KSL-AM is a bad station, but I do believe most people who are interested have discovered the AM dial.

Please inform me, as a faraway observer, where I may be wrong.

**Note: I did not mean to insult the skirtchasers, just the people programming this new KFMS.

> > Monday at midnight, utah will get it's first FM talk
> > station, KFMS 97.5 FM will feature Mancows Morning
> Madhouse,
> > Tom Barberi, Jerry Doyle, and Michael Savage, the next day
>
> > KSL will begin it's FM talk attempt, as KSL begins airing
> on
> > 102.7 FM, 2 FM talkers begin at once, this is better then
> > good!!! hope they last.
>
> Jerry Doyle... hotter talk at its best! I'm sure the
> pubescents and skirtchasers listening to Mancow and perhaps
> Barberi can't wait for Doyle's 15-year-tired routine of
> bashing liberals and Congress. Good to see Savage on in SLC,
> although I think Glenn Beck's entrance is long overdue.
>
> Why is Tom Leykis not on FM talk? Let Bonneville work with
> the third-tier political shows, and since they won't touch
> anything touchy, you'd have a wide open market and no
> competition!
>
> What boring tripe does Bonneville plan to program on its new
> talk station, and why must they continue to overradio the
> market with new talk stations no one wants. KSL-FM? Like no
> one can hear it on 1160? I can hear it better than 1/2 the
> stations here in Phoenix at night! If their reasoning is
> audience, I can't imagine former AC listeners will flock to
> hear the same news repeated over and over, Doug Wright,
> You're a Great American Sean Hannity, and boring nighttime
> talk. Not that KSL-AM is a bad station, but I do believe
> most people who are interested have discovered the AM dial.
>
> Please inform me, as a faraway observer, where I may be
> wrong.
>
> **Note: I did not mean to insult the skirtchasers, just the
> people programming this new KFMS.
>

The Only change ive heard at KSL is Bill O Reilly wasnt on before Lars Larson, I don't know if he's going to the other FM talker or not, but I have long pushed for Tom Leykis, Don and Mike were on Kall 700 for a year and gained a huge utah audience, Leykis was also on Kall 700 but they stuck him on late at night and most people didnt have a clue he was even on, Phil Hendrie also was another favorite that met his demise at the fall of Kall 700, Im excited to have Mancow on though, weve never had a real morning FM show, i dont consider Bob and Tom entertaining in the least, and Stern never saw the light of day in Utah, they just started running 97.5 fm talk, they broke right at the begining of ABC news, and went into America at Night, I'll Let you know more as I find out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom