• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Man with Flags on radio tower

sbe

Inactive
Inactive User
Fox news had a live shot of a guy climbing a tower with an upside down american flag and a POW MIA flag. It was in the water in Biscayne bay. It looked like a self supporting AM tower. Is he on the WIOD Tower??? Enquiring minds want to know

Man with Flags on radio tower (updated)

> Fox news had a live shot of a guy climbing a tower with an
> upside down american flag and a POW MIA flag. It was in the
> water in Biscayne bay. It looked like a self supporting AM
> tower. Is he on the WIOD Tower??? Enquiring minds want to
> know

On TV, I they said the Miami Herald.

I know WQAM used to be in that area, but I don't know about now.

Between Google maps and Radio Locator, it should be easy to figure out.

WIOD is also on the water, but two causeways north of that one!

ADDED LATER: I was right about WQAM ... "The protester, Paul Anabel, went up the former WQAM tower near the Miami Herald building ..." ... From http://billboardradiomonitor.com/ra...article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001881534

73s from 954
<P ID="signature">______________
Prairie Home Companion Coming To Miami in Feb! South Florida Radio Pages (since 1995)</P><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 954 on 01/20/06 05:05 AM.</FONT></P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom