• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Love

wavelength

Inactive
Inactive User
After hearing about Love for years I finally bought Forever Changes for 9.99. This has proven to be the best 9.99 I ever spent! This album is absolutely incredible! Where is classic rock radio! I demand that you classic rockers make up for lost time and get this band on your playlist. Love Forever Changes is better than Sgt' Peppers on so many levels!!!!!!

> After hearing about Love for years I finally bought Forever
> Changes for 9.99. This has proven to be the best 9.99 I
> ever spent! This album is absolutely incredible! Where is
> classic rock radio! I demand that you classic rockers make
> up for lost time and get this band on your playlist. Love
> Forever Changes is better than Sgt' Peppers on so many
> levels!!!!!!
>

Classic Rock radio's function isn't to turn people on to music that "never made it." For every one person that would say "oh wow," 20 others would probably change the station.

That said, Love was a staple of my old deep cuts show. A great band that may have eclipsed their labelmates The Doors had they been willing to tour. Combustible personalities and crippling drug problems didn't help either. Great band? Absolutely. Would I play them in a prime daypart? Never.

> > After hearing about Love for years I finally bought Forever
> > Changes for 9.99. This has proven to be the best 9.99 I
> > ever spent! This album is absolutely incredible! Where is
> > classic rock radio! I demand that you classic rockers make
> > up for lost time and get this band on your playlist. Love
> > Forever Changes is better than Sgt' Peppers on so many
> > levels!!!!!!
>
> Classic Rock radio's function isn't to turn people on to
> music that "never made it." For every one person that would
> say "oh wow," 20 others would probably change the station.
>
> That said, Love was a staple of my old deep cuts show. A
> great band that may have eclipsed their labelmates The Doors
> had they been willing to tour. Combustible personalities
> and crippling drug problems didn't help either. Great band?
> Absolutely. Would I play them in a prime daypart? Never.

Arthur Lee has actually put together new versions of "Love" that have been touring (playing small clubs) in recent years! I haven't heard them on commercial radio in Boston since WBCN when it was a "progressive underground" album rocker in the late 60's, but I think I did hear them on Viking's old weekend show when I was up in Vermont a few years ago.

It's true, you can't play that stuff during regular format on commercial radio anymore. It would attract only a small cult following, and turn off mainstream listeners. Perhaps only on a weekend "deep cuts" specialty show. I think I've also heard them on the syndicated "Little Steven's Underground Garage".

There are non-comm stations with "deep" 60's/70's shows that play "Love". I played them frequently on my old show at the volunteer MIT college/community station WMBR Cambridge MA, which was part of a weekday block from 12 noon - 2 PM called "Lost & Found". I "retired" from WMBR last fall after 22 years as I could no longer afford to do volunteer radio, but the "Lost & Found" block continues with different hosts every weekday, playing a very eclectic mix of all types of "deep" 60's/70's music.

The professional Public Radio folk music station at U. Mass Boston WUMB has a Saturday morning 60's/70's folk-rock show called "Highway 61 Revisited", which also plays "Love" from time to time. I was hired to be the substitute host for that show a couple of months ago, and I played them on the one fill-in show I've done there so far.

Both WMBR and WUMB stream live on the web.

> After hearing about Love for years I finally bought Forever
> Changes for 9.99. This has proven to be the best 9.99 I
> ever spent! This album is absolutely incredible! Where is
> classic rock radio! I demand that you classic rockers make
> up for lost time and get this band on your playlist. Love
> Forever Changes is better than Sgt' Peppers on so many
> levels!!!!!!
>
Love is yet another example of a great American band that garnered more recognition and accolades in Great Britian than in their homeland. The only distinction Arthur Lee has managed in this country, if I recall correctly, is that he was sent away under California's "three strikes" law for apparently discharging a firearm in the direction of a neighbor's house.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom