• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

(Lots of) Atlanta Transmitter Site Pictures

A friend of mine has an interesting hobby, taking pictures of broadcast towers, antennas and transmitter sites. His name is Mike Fitzpatrick, and he's an engineer at WCVB-TV, Channel 5 in Boston, and wow does he know his stuff.

I drove him to many of the Atlanta sites in early August. We toured the inside of WSB-AM, WSB-TV and the 2 American Tower sites, Briarcliff Road and Chester Avenue. The next day, Mike drove to and photographed some of the outer sites.

He just posted the pictures on his website, and you can see them here: Atlanta - NECRAT

valvashon- Chains were not an uncommon sight for pole mounting. Chains remove need for fabrication of a precise mounting bracket and provide great flexibility for tower crews working in that environment.

Thank You Roddy for the "press". I appreciate it. I also uploaded my photos from Birmingham as well on this update.
I don't list anything by tower, per se. Just FCC data. I have a lot of stations now (over 1000) and changing how they're listed would be a ton of work.

Back
Top Bottom