• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Looks like Mark Davis has a new job

I found this forum trying to learn about the Mark Davis thing. I registered to learn a few things, so please comment back.

Is it just me, or do others think the local markets need some calm but opinionated info folks in drive time, so welcome Mark to Drive time?

I have been very frustrated by folks whose delivery seems to be insane and has them saying silly things that they could not mean because they contradict themselves and seem to indicate lack of research. I don't mean because they have an opinion because I don't mind listening to someone who is wrong on opinion. I can only think of one example, but the guy was saying all incumbents were bad, but then had someone on his show who was an incumbent who he liked. If only he had researched a little, first.

The folks that make me cring are JD Wells, Chris Crock (although he has calmed a little) and that morning guy on 570 (I only try to listen at 7:57 to hear Ed Wallace).

Mike G. used to bother me the same way, but he is tolerable. Remember, these are guys that I agree with their politics, but not their crazy delivery. I like Mark except for when he interrupts himself frequently.

Oh, and one more question: who else thinks Mark was very so much more professional than when Scott Wilder was fired. He whined on and on (and maybe still is) and was so bitter.

????

Thats the most annoying thing w/ many of the "right tilting" talkers on radio around this country: They're bomb-throwers who appeal to the least common denominator. They refuse to engage in intelligent dicussions because they're afraid to lose the attention of the uninformed, un-intelligent listener, not to mention they'll also be proven wrong by those said intelligent guest/callers..

khervey....

If you don't mind, when was the last time I made you "cringe" and what was the topic?

(Not looking for an argument....Just trying to get a handle on what you're hearing.)

You too, Chris...Do you mind letting me know about the last "bomb" I threw? I have to be honest...I have found myself amazed about what is coming out of American Politics....especially from the Left. It would be interesting to get an idea about how to honestly report and comment on these issues; (bombs) given to us without appearing to also be throwing them....

Jon-David Wells
The Wells Report
660 AM The Answer

One thing I think we need to remember about talk show hosts and their delivery methods, etc. is that they are on air talent using a proven formula to produce ratings and thus, revenue for the station they are on. I notice everyone tries to make what is said as personal versus a person behind the microphone doing a job and trying to keep it. With that said, you can't fake who you are, but you can act a little. And with that said, I think that determining a person on the air is much like saying an actor in a movie is in real life like the character they play in a movie. Chances are they got the part because they could identify with the character or understood the character well versus being identical.

Thanks Boss...

Your post was in the form of your much appreciated diplomatic self....Please know I wasn't taking anything said by Kherv, or Chris personally.

I'm just curious about the differences between what I'm attempting to send out, vs what is heard/perceived. It's like an informal Focus Group, if you will....

J-D
TWR

JD,

Wow! I did not know you were on here. I am taking you seriously, so I (if I get off soon enough) am going to try to listen to your show every day this week. I have been listening to Mark Levin mostly, lately if I get off that soon. I prefer you to 570 at that time because (unless it changed) I have to listen to Michael Kastner (sp?) talk about bad Republicans. I don't want to hear any of that--I can handle it when it is true, but he makes stuff up (or goes out of context).

I heard you on some subject this week, I can remember it in my head, but I don't remember the topic. No cringing though. You had a good topic, and were asking for callers and I remember it as edutainment.

I will try to write back. Frankly, I have come home and wanted to send you a message, but did not know how.

Bturner

I appreciate what you said.

To explain myself (how I think and listen) a little: I like Rush because he encourages me that things can work out, and I agree with him, and h e brings up points that I had not considered (makes me think). I think Sean is nice to his callers, but is so anti-Obama all the time that he seems non-objective--I get that Rush is biased, but Sean seems like the guy that can't even say something nice about the opponents haircuts. I love Dennis and Medved, but they are boring. Mark Levin is good, too at making me think, but has his own craziness. As I said, Mark interrupts himself. I suddenly realized, Rush is the only host that makes me stay in the car to hear him, and I never want to change the channel from cringing or being bored--I don't know how he does it. Chris Crock's coverage of the person who "fell" from the crane seemed good (more calm than I remembered from long ago). Did the TV folks show the actual falling--I hope not.

I do try to listen whenever something local is going on.

Above seems to be focused on the industry folks. I would still like to hear from regular listeners about my original comments/questions. I want to see how unusual or common my thoughts are.

Always available, Kherv....(214) 561-9117/[email protected]

Truly, this is about getting the best show on the Air, every day.

We are facing the most important election since the Civil War. All I want to do is keep the conversation, debate, and analysis going, with the objective of making an honest contribution to the decision-making processes of my neighbors....

If I'm coming across as a bomb-thrower, or cringe-worthy....I can't make that happen.

J-D
TWR

JD, Bomb throwing happens on both sides, no doubt, maybe im more of an NPR-esque listener and I i'll admit I like a more calm conversation over politics or social issues. I just tire of all the vitrol on all sides of the convo, especially w/ the commercial syndie hosts like Rush, Hannity, Dennis Miller and Levin..Maybe i'm a dreamer, hopefully not the only one, but i'd love to hear more civility in the greater conversation over how to get this country in a better economic/social direction..I think people just need to come to the table, break bread and figure out how to fix our issues together, not apart..

chrisdanger said:
Thats the most annoying thing w/ many of the "right tilting" talkers on radio around this country: They're bomb-throwers who appeal to the least common denominator. They refuse to engage in intelligent dicussions because they're afraid to lose the attention of the uninformed, un-intelligent listener, not to mention they'll also be proven wrong by those said intelligent guest/callers..

chrisdanger said:
I just tire of all the vitrol on all sides of the convo ... i'd love to hear more civility in the greater conversation over how to get this country in a better economic/social direction..I think people just need to come to the table, break bread and figure out how to fix our issues together, not apart..

::)

jondavidvox said:
If I'm coming across as a bomb-thrower, or cringe-worthy...

J-D
TWR
Mr. J-D, you made me cringe a little, a couple of weeks ago. Happened to hear you ranting about "Smart" meters. Yes they are a rip-off, making us pay for NOT having a meter reader come around every month, but no they can't tell what kind of LIGHT BULB you are using, contrary to you! You'd need "smart" light bulbs too, to communicate with the meter. They don't do that. Yet. ;)

MOVED: Looks like Mark Davis has a new job

Some posts in this thread have been moved to Off The Air.

[iurl=http://boards.radio-info.com/smf/index.php?topic=213795.msg1915626#msg1915626]http://boards.radio-info.com/smf/index.php?topic=213795.msg1915626#msg1915626[/iurl]

At home, I just had to move the AM antenna a bit to get an acceptable 660 signal (the FM simulcast on 92.9 is unlistenable in Irving -- just a constant static hiss under the broadcast). Out in the car, 660 comes in good, (in the daytime, of course).

I will try and listen to Mark as I drive home from work.

My two favorite Marks ..... Davis & Levin :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom