• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Let's discuss NWA...

Interested to hear your thoughts on the all the stations in NWA in general...which stations have your favorite morning show...or who is your favorite/least favorite jock in the market for middays, afternoons, nights, etc?

Which stations sound good and stay fresh, do creative promotions, etc? Which stations are getting lazy, using the same old imaging and can't seem to come up with anything other then caller #9 for promotions?

I think everyone in the Market has gotten too confortable to let things run they they way they are. The is no creativity as far as new idea's for formats as well as promotions and imaging. With the exception of changing Kruz 94.9 from Y 94.9 and also making US 94 more current base Country, nothing else has changed. 3 Sports stations have done better than I thought they would. "The Fan" is not what it was, and that is because they have the weakest morning show in the market. The rest of the market has stayed the same becuase there is no reason for them to change. I would like to see a station come in that would not play the same music as everyone else. Do something that nobody else is doing. A good Classic Hot station would be good or Even a "Jack FM" or "Bob" type format with variety. Anyway, just my thoughts.

I'd like to see a JackFM, but we all know that'll never happen.

I like the 104.9 the X. They do pretty good. They got John & Deek in the morning which are really good for morning radio and 3B in the afternoon. Them 3B guys are about nutso, though. They get a little too lewd for me sometimes.

I think that the X could be improved if they went more truely Alternative and less worn-out 90's Rock like Pearl Jam *barf*. The X bills themselves as 'New Rock', but a lot of the stuff they play is 20 years old. That isn't exactly New Rock! Another thing they could do is bring back 'The Weekly Beating' Metal show on late night weekends. I really miss that. Other than that, the X is really good.

I know of 3 stations in NWA that desperately need a format change and here's my ideas for them. >

1.) 94.9 should become News/Talk FM for KFAY AM 1030.

2.) Something desperately needs to be done with 94.3 - Let them go Spanish or something.

3) When that happens, I think 1190 AM should go Classic Country. They got a good signal and Classic Country would be a much better use of it than Sports Talk (ho-hum).

I think everyone got hit last night. That was some storm!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom