• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Leesburg 1190 AM New Format

So if Fox Sports were on a more competitive AM signal, or at least one that was reaching more listeners in the target demo than 1190 is, would that change the amount Premiere charges the advertisers? What if most of the marginal stations carrying Fox Sports across the country were dropped in favor of better signals, or even FMs? Or are the advertisers just out there willing to accept whatever Premiere brags it has and buy, essentially, a pig in a poke, not caring if anyone was actually hearing the ads in a given market or not? Just trying to understand Corporate America's mindset on this.
Network radio is purchased based on the total national audience in the target demo relative to the cost of covering it. And buyers like to see an affiliate in the large markets. They see actual audience numbers and do not go by "whatever Premiere brags it has."

In my experience, I've seen more attention given to network TV's delivery in individual markets. When network TV ratings are below average in a market, the agency sometimes buys "replacement weight."

At what point do advertisers snap out of it, ignore the self-serving Madison Avenue Svengalis telling them stations that hardly anyone listens to are valuable...?
I've spent my career in advertising, and that is absolute nonsense. When there's a station "that hardly anyone listens to," it's "Madison Avenue's" responsibility to tell them not to advertise on it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom