• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lady Gaga - Just Dance

I finallly got to add it a few weeks ago,, we play Colby O Donis and Akon Version...

franksandhotdogs said:
Which version are ya playing? Kardinal Offishall or Colby O'Donis?

We're playing the Kard version.

Kardinal Offishall version makes me wanna puke.

Isnt the Kardinal offshore version the one thats more Hip Hop than POP/Dance... If thats the one in thinking our COMP added it less than a week after we did... Our Promo CD that we got early on didnt even have this version, i had the original and some Dance Remixes, which were all in the 7 minute range and would have had to be edited down for airplay, and the one that had the best beat muted out the Akon Vocals which is what I think would make the song a hit, so i went with the original Radio Edit... I think the stations playing the Hip Hop version are normally the more Rhythmic ones just trying to play it safe,, but really after a few listens, the song is getting decent feedback,, I wish I could have added it sooner than 2-3 weeks ago. I want to add some more dance music, but after September, David guetta, and the Cascada fad,, other than we are playing Faded,,, but ever so but lightly, there hasnt been much Quality POP friendly dance music that i thnk our market would warm up to.. I cant play the NYC Diva Dance here,, its gotta have a good song structure that people can relate to.

The Kard. version totally ruins the song...like Calabria with Mims...why does there have to be an hip hop influence in everything? Isn't it possible to leave dance and pop songs alone? Well then again the remix of T Pain's I can't believe it gets rid of Lil Wayne and replaces him with J Timberlake. Seriously though the Colby version of Just Dance is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better...not even close.

GATOR 316

I run a Rhythmic and a Top 40 online station.

Both are on the Colby. I heard the Kardinal and I like the Colby better but I disagree on the hip-hop influence comment. That's why there's two versions. If you don't like Mims in Calabria, play the orig. I personally like the Mims remix better. Same with Lil Wayne and Can't Believe It.

Well, all in all,, we may make the first decisions, but we have to play what the majority of our audience wants to hear... Personally I think having Colby and AKON but still having the POP Dance sound,,, the familier but not thuggish Samples of Colby and Akon will help make the song a hit.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom