• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KULF- Bellville

J

Joe Polichino

This topic is specifically aimed at Chuck Tiller, but others please feel free to chime in...

1090 KULF is going strong all night long, and has been all this week. Just thought I'd give the heads up. Been spending a lot of time up here in the 'Ville trying to cope with the death of my wife, but I promised I'd alert you Chuck if I heard it on at night, and believe you me, it's on and blanketing the northwest suburbs and exurbs of Houston. I assume it has to be reaching at least portions of Houston proper, but to be honest, I've never heard 1090 on at night from the new tower. Might be time to pay JHT Ventures a visit and find out on who's authority they think they have to operate a class D at night.

I'm sorry for your loss. I have heard KULF 3 out of 4 nights this week. It was on full blast again this morning at 2:40 in Ft Bend County and southwest Houston.

This topic is specifically aimed at Chuck Tiller, but others please feel free to chime in...

1090 KULF is going strong all night long, and has been all this week. Just thought I'd give the heads up. Been spending a lot of time up here in the 'Ville trying to cope with the death of my wife, but I promised I'd alert you Chuck if I heard it on at night, and believe you me, it's on and blanketing the northwest suburbs and exurbs of Houston. I assume it has to be reaching at least portions of Houston proper, but to be honest, I've never heard 1090 on at night from the new tower. Might be time to pay JHT Ventures a visit and find out on who's authority they think they have to operate a class D at night.

Their "technical consultant" says it may be a remote control clock issue. He will go out there and check it this evening. The studio doesn't have a live body anymore. All automated. See pics.

10928382_1027929890555805_651680036_n.jpg 10934700_1027929910555803_1850569285_n.jpg

Last edited:
I Knew This AM Station When They Were Sunny AC I Loved The Channel!!

I remember the good days when the call was on 790AM Houston....and top40 music was played on it..(even before Gannett bought it and brought in the Q Zoo, stereo, the FM, etc.....lol) Now if I can just find my cassette player, I think I found some of the tapes I did of Stevens & Pruett's 'Star Trots' from back then (Jim Pruett told me he would love to have copies of them if I did)

I remember the good days when the call was on 790AM Houston....and top40 music was played on it..(even before Gannett bought it and brought in the Q Zoo, stereo, the FM, etc.....lol) Now if I can just find my cassette player, I think I found some of the tapes I did of Stevens & Pruett's 'Star Trots' from back then (Jim Pruett told me he would love to have copies of them if I did)

Harte Hanks haf it before Gannett... They flipped it to Houston's first AM stereo station 79Q.

Yeah, but KULF was lame as a music station. everybody listened to the Big 610 with capt. Jack shouting areba!

When S&P showed up on KULF it became a contender.....loved Mark and Jimmy doing Star Trots...and I am still trying to find my cassettes!! Jim wanted me to send him copies because they evidently did not keep any!!! but with KCYB off the air, no place to play them ...well I guess there is the stream...is it still up???

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom