• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KTTB - B96 On The Block?

Rumors are heating up about KTTB soon being sold by Radio One.  Supposedly, some staffers are currently planning their exits. 

Who are the likely suitors?  Will it be someone already established in the market, an outside entity, or a non-commercial (univeristy, religious, etc.) outlet?

noknownuser said:
Rumors are heating up about KTTB soon being sold by Radio One. Supposedly, some staffers are currently planning their exits.

Who are the likely suitors? Will it be someone already established in the market, an outside entity, or a non-commercial (univeristy, religious, etc.) outlet?

I would imagine that Salem would like to round out their three strategic formats with a Contemporary Christian Music station. Judging by how consistently well KTIS has performed, it would seem that there is definitely a market for that format in the Twin Cities.

I am however doubtful, that KTTB is the signal for the job. Does anyone know the history of that signal and what efforts have been made to move the tower closer into town?

Wonder if KTTB can be downgraded to a C3 (down from and ERP 100kw to 25kw) from the top of IDS? It'd cover more valuable real estate than it does from the tower in Hazelton. They'd lose city grade coverage of Glencoe, so a new city of license would be in order.

You'd think Radio One would have done this if possible, but we *are* talking about Radio One...

KTTB was upgraded and moved closer to Minneapolis right before being sold in the late 90s.

I don't think they can do anything else with it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom