• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KSKO 89.5 McGrath, Alaska Facility Pictures Collage

I've shared pics of KSKO before, but only one at a time.. I thought you'd like to see the whole operation at once. I'm proud of this place and brag on it for good reason.

Pic #1 is the studio. Wheatstone E1 console, ImediaTouch automation. XDS satellite receiver for NPR, Scientific Atlanta for statewide newscasts and EAS monitoring (moving the state news to the second XDS) and BW TX300V2 transmitter along with DBX166xs compressor/limiter. We use the internal audio processing of the BW.

Pic #2: The KSKO Scala FMO turnstile antenna with an ERP of 90 Watts at 60 feet off the ground. The stuff below it is a no longer used KSKO 870 STL dish and the KSKO 870 transmitter to studio telemetry link yagi.

Pic #3: NPR satellite dish

Pic #4: Satellite dish for statewide news and EAS monitoring.

Pic #5: Front of station building with letters on it.

Pic #6: Back room with 2000 records and gear stored for our annual 2 day music festival live at the local park that we also broadcast on radio.

Pic #7: Our merchandise room where we store and sell all kinds of station swag (new, awesome stuff coming next month!!)

Pic #8: The crazy, glutton for punishment guy who leads the stations efforts day to day.

Pic #9: 3000 or so CD's in the studio.

>

And Paul is the Promotions Department too. Now, whether promoting a station located in Permafrost Land on a radio nerd site is worth the effort? You be the judge.

And Paul is the Promotions Department too. Now, whether promoting a station located in Permafrost Land on a radio nerd site is worth the effort? You be the judge.

A bit more of sharing then promoting.. i get to do radio in a very very unique place, doing incredibly local content, in a place few get to see or hear in depth about and im passionate about what i do and where i work so i like to share because im proud of what we can accomplish.

Btw, i am the everything.. i have no GM or CE. I'm the PD

Not sure what the point of this post is. I find Paul's posts about his station interesting - great to see and learn how radio is made in such a remote location that I'll probably never visit. If a radio nerd site is the wrong place for it, where is the right place? Seems unnecessarily snarky.

I love Fybush's blog as well - I enjoy seeing radio stations around the country and the world.

Not sure what the point of this post is. I find Paul's posts about his station interesting - great to see and learn how radio is made in such a remote location that I'll probably never visit. If a radio nerd site is the wrong place for it, where is the right place? Seems unnecessarily snarky.
It's a nod to Paul being all the typical roles found in a larger radio station or group, all rolled up into one person.

Back
Top Bottom