• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KNBC news theme song from the 70s

It did indeed, Charles. In fact, I had a 45 of it at one point. (Might still have it around someplace.)

It was called "Nightly News Theme" and was released on Verve Records. The artist was "Irv's Late Show" or something like that.

I didn't watch the 6 minutes and 9 seconds of link but the music at the end of
NBC Nightly News was actually called, "THE MISSION" and it was done by
John Williams and his orchestra.
It can be heard on Spotify or on our
fabulous radio station here in Prescott, AZ FM 102.1 KAHM or KAHM.INFO

It can be heard on Spotify or on our
fabulous radio station here in Prescott, AZ FM 102.1 KAHM or KAHM.INFO
Joe, the song in question is NOT "The Mission" as it was not written/released until 1987 and this clip is from 1978. This piece is a guitar instrumental used to close out the news program.

However, the question was not about the network newscast but about KNBC/4's local newscast.

Does anyone recognize the theme song played at the end of KNBC (Channel 4) news programs in the 70s?

So not only didn't you watch the clip, you didn't even read the OP's question before jumping to a conclusion ...

NBC Tv/radio Newspulse? (1975-79). Or perhaps "Newscenter Theme", which began in '79. Google Southern Media News Music for more.

Last edited:
NBC Tv/radio Newspulse? (1975-79). Or perhaps "Newscenter Theme", which began in '79. Google Southern Media News Music for more.

No, sir. I already answered the question of what it was.

And I answered it based on having had a copy of the 45.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom