• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KLSD's rally:

More folks than estimated; Bree Walker, Jon Elliott and Mike Aguirre (San Diego City attorney) and more important: listeners of the show.

This is a success; will the suits listen?

Stuff I hear:

- Many people in the building, including people in sales, the office, people on other stations in the cluster and the program director, Cliff Albert, are supportive of the format. The station has always met or exceeded its target as far as revenues are concerned. Pascal Ferrari has been cited by several, including Stacy Taylor, for doing a strong job in selling advertising for the station.

- The GM of KLSD and KOGO, who is pretty conservative (though I hate to bring political ideology into all of this) has despised the format since she came to the cluster, and the GSM, a bottom-line money-minded guy (nothing wrong with that) likes selling sports formats.

- The promotions department is really hyping this rally. Stacy Taylor has been covering it all morning on his show. The program director is even at the rally and spoke on the air. Got 847 emails just himself from concerned listeners. He claims that San Antonio has nothing to do with this flip, and the rally and format flip is not a promotions stunt. Of course, nobody is saying how the rumors got started, or who is responsible.

It they were just rumors, then the station at least got some measure of publicity out of the matter which should help them.

FightingIrish said:
Stuff I hear:

- Many people in the building, including people in sales, the office, people on other stations in the cluster and the program director, Cliff Albert, are supportive of the format. The station has always met or exceeded its target as far as revenues are concerned. Pascal Ferrari has been cited by several, including Stacy Taylor, for doing a strong job in selling advertising for the station.

- The GM of KLSD and KOGO, who is pretty conservative (though I hate to bring political ideology into all of this) has despised the format since she came to the cluster, and the GSM, a bottom-line money-minded guy (nothing wrong with that) likes selling sports formats.

- The promotions department is really hyping this rally. Stacy Taylor has been covering it all morning on his show. The program director is even at the rally and spoke on the air. Got 847 emails just himself from concerned listeners. He claims that San Antonio has nothing to do with this flip, and the rally and format flip is not a promotions stunt. Of course, nobody is saying how the rumors got started, or who is responsible.

So the station has met or exceeded revenues; someone associated with the station registered a domain suggesting a flip...and nobody is saying how the rumors got started or who is responsible.

If I were a fan of the station who turned out for the "rally"...I'd be p-o'd.....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom