• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KLSD's non annoucement is really ...

... an announcement how bad upper manglement is. Earlier this week listeners were promised that a decision would be proclaimed this week.

Don't shoot the program director; he wants the station on.

Media Hack Chris | SDR said:
... an announcement how bad upper manglement is. Earlier this week listeners were promised that a decision would be proclaimed this week.

As I attempt to explain in a rambling post in the Sophie thread, today's Program Directors no longer program or direct, they merely pass along corporate edicts and schedule weekend talent.

Bob_Hudson said:
today's Program Directors no longer program or direct, they merely pass along corporate edicts and schedule weekend talent.

Damn straight. I may have to buy you a beer for that one.

I mourn the loss of real radio. It may still be resurrected, but if it does, like Frankenstein's monster, it will likely bear no resemblance to its former self. :(

- Doc

Bob_Hudson said:

As I attempt to explain in a rambling post in the Sophie thread, today's Program Directors no longer program or direct, they merely pass along corporate edicts and schedule weekend talent.

Some would disagree with that.

BACKnUSSR said:
Bob_Hudson said:

But not too many.....

Bob_Hudson said:
BACKnUSSR said:
Bob_Hudson said:

But not too many.....

Maybe not.....but passing along corporate edicts always existed to a degree. The number of innovative programmers was always small.....and the rest just followed the templates of Drake, Sklar, Shannon, Rivers, and whomever else was leading the way.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom