• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KLove expands in NH-ME seacoast

The only "market specific" programming EMF has is a public affairs program.. and its usually regional.. the same one aired in SE WY on KLWV 90.9 Laramie, Western NE on KLJV 88.3 Scottsbluff and Northern CO on KLDV 91.1.

They have people whos sole job is to do the regional public affairs programming and at least a few times a year, these people actually go out to the regions they are responsible for.
Am I right that is to satisfy FCC requirements? I know when 107.3 was sold and flipped that Audacy temporarily still programmed the public affairs programming.

You have to do some sort of Public Affairs programming. There are free programs out there that many stations use and they're nice enough to provide a copy and paste description of each show for your Public File. I worked stations that opted for a free program. It seems the FCC gives great leeway on what you term public affairs and it's more important you do something and upload it rather than the actual content and length. I suppose the FCC knows listeners don't care to hear a 30 minute program on their music station which is why so many air public affairs early Sunday morning.

There's not much difference between a satellite delivered music or talk format where the station plugs in commercials and news and weather. It's no different than Any Goodman's Democracy Now, any national Conservative Talk Show or any music format distributed via satellite with their own jocks.

At least EMF does things locally. They have a team that partners with others (mostly) to host events for listeners. In some instances, they interrupt programming when warranted and the engineers keep a good handle on their stations. I'd venture to say some local operators don't do as much locally as EMF.

EMF isn't my cup of tea but they do good radio with on air seasoned pros. They seem to have a very impressive operation.

Must have taken over.
A post on New Eng Radio Stations FB:
"I'm in southern Maine. I was on the way to work and tuned in 92.1 Seacoast Oldies, but no oldies. It was Contemporary Christian music. WTF?"

A reply indicated EMF bought them and the oldies moved to a Sanford ME combo.
The new EMF acquisitions reach NE Mass and NH seacoast (Exeter NH, Chester NH). The 1540 from Exeter is among them.

Wiki on WXEX AM:"Following the sale's completion on July 24, 2023,t he "Seacoast Oldies" programming moved to WWSF on July 24, 2023, and WXEX joined K-Love;the station will change its call sign to WPKC."

I know when 107.3 was sold and flipped that Audacy temporarily still programmed the public affairs programming.

That was a period when Audacy still owned it and was LMA-ing it to EMF until the sale went through and completed. During this time, Audacy was responsible for the license, and theus the PA committment.

EMF is the world’s largest contemporary Christian music network, owns and operates over 1000 radio stations in all 50 states and is in the top 10 US based audio streaming companies. This country was founded in Trusting God and having faith, and EMF helps people focus on peace, joy and inspiration. The need to reaffirm this message is no greater than now with all the division and despair. It is the fastest growing radio company, totally supported by listeners. The listener base continues to grow and, therefore, EMF will continue to buy radio stations to further spread the love of God. People need and want this programming. EMF is the most successful radio company today.
WE ARE THE BORG. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED.

Back
Top Bottom