• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KLOS

Here's what I can say based on published reports:

The only rock station in LA that consistently does well in demo is KYSR.

In my view, KLOS has the perfect owner for its format. Because whatever the billings are, they're good enough for him.

KLOS is the highest rated, highest cuming station in his group. It might even be his highest billing station for all I know.

How's that for an answer?

I miss jonesy's jukebox. But Marci's bootcamp is alright. I wonder if jonesy it was his health is why he quit doing the show or was it the new owners wanted to go in a different direction.

That show certainly had some longevity in the los Angeles market. First Indie 103.1 then Kroq then KLOS.

I miss jonesy's jukebox. But Marci's bootcamp is alright. I wonder if jonesy it was his health is why he quit doing the show or was it the new owners wanted to go in a different direction.

You may be right about his health. He had a heart attack in 2019. He was doing the Jukebox as a podcast, but stopped doing it about a year ago. No updates to his site since then.

You may be right about his health. He had a heart attack in 2019. He was doing the Jukebox as a podcast, but stopped doing it about a year ago. No updates to his site since then.
Hey BigA do you know who got better numbers for that time slot Jonesey or Marsi? She will play some stuff I don't normally hear.

The only rock station in LA that consistently does well in demo is KYSR.
In December 25-54, KROQ beat KYSR. Not by much, but enough for them to think "K-Rock is back".

This is a win no one is going to talk or think about much. But, it could be the start of something
If you look at the dayparts, KYSR wins mornings significantly. But on all music dayparts, KROQ is the Alternative Rock winner.

In another thread someone mentioned that KROQ is #1 18-34 in mornings. Is that not correct?
True. But in 25-54, it is 9th.

I like Kroq but there morning show is not very good. When Klein had Stryker it was okay but that girl Allie not so much. She is annoying. Do not enjoy her at all. Woody show and Frank and Heidi both shows are far superior to Klein and Allie.

Mike Kaplan really hurt Kroq as Program Director so glad he left. If ya look at the numbers with Kysr they started rising as soon as he left.

I like Kroq but there morning show is not very good. When Klein had Stryker it was okay but that girl Allie not so much. She is annoying. Do not enjoy her at all. Woody show and Frank and Heidi both shows are far superior to Klein and Allie.

Mike Kaplan really hurt Kroq as Program Director so glad he left. If ya look at the numbers with Kysr they started rising as soon as he left.
The show is much better since Stryker left. Klein and Ally have great chemistry. Glad to hear they are doing better in the ratings as they seemed pretty close to being fired while Kaplan was still there.

Back
Top Bottom