• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kiss XM

I got a chance to listen to KISS XM and man all I can say is its really good. Lots of good recurrents mixed in with some of the best currents. I'm definately thinking of buying an XM reciever because of what I heard. <P ID="signature">______________
</P>

> I got a chance to listen to KISS XM and man all I can say is
> its really good. Lots of good recurrents mixed in with some
> of the best currents. I'm definately thinking of buying an
> XM reciever because of what I heard.
>
I just got a Roady2 at Comp USA today for 49.99 plus you get a 25.00 gift card in the mail.I figured it would be an inexpensive way to check out satellite radio.
I have liked out most of the stations i have listened to.no reception issues for me either.
I am glad I bought it.

>

Check out the XM boards, lots of people complaining about KISS-XM.

If you're just looking for mainstream CHR, check out Sirius Hits 1 before you buy.

I'm generally very pro-XM, and I think XM has Sirius beat in just about every other category, but in mainstream CHR, Sirius wins hands down. Sirius Hits 1 has personality and is more interesting musically.

Re: Sirius hits one

>
Sirius Hits One is SOOOOOO much Better. Based on what I have learned about you, through your Posts, I think you would Love Sirius Hits One. Kiss XM is Very repetative. They even play the Golds and Recurrents 5 times a day, like they are still new. ANYWAY,,,I switched to Sirius partly for the Reason that they have Better Top 40 music. Ive never complained about Sirius Hits One, but I used to B.tch about Kiss xm all the time.

CHR Formats, XM vs. Sirius

Kiss XM is not designed to be a Top 40/CHR format. It plays everything from 2000 to present. Matter of fact, its positioner is "Hits of the 21st Century."

In the CHR arena, both services need major fixes:

Sirius needs 2 additional channels allocated to CHR: both a dedicated 90s channel and a station like Kiss XM that plays all of the hits, pop, rock, dance & hip-hop from 2000 to today. Currently, they have a CHR and a Hot AC/90s hybrid.

XM doesn't need any additional channels allocated to CHR: It just needs to replace the 20 on 20 thing with an interactive full-on CHR. If they would replicate the attitude of 90s on 9 for the CHR format, they'd have a HUGE hit!

Bottom line: Even though it doesn't offer a 90s channel, doesn't offer a 2000s channel, and doesn't offer a pure Hot AC, if i were a Top 40 person and looking at which to buy, I'd choose Sirius because of SH1 alone. It is as the others mentioned a fun station. They're always way ahead of the other CHRs in America musically. Also what other CHR in America is playing the 99 Luft Problems mashup in regular rotation. Hell, I'd choose Sirius just for the sole reason of being able to hear this mashup a couple of times a week.

However if you equally enjoy 90s hits, then you would definitely want to choose XM and just deal with the poor way they present the current stuff, because Sirius is a huge disappointment when it comes to 90s hits.

> I got a chance to listen to KISS XM and man all I can say
> is
> > its really good. Lots of good recurrents mixed in with
> some
> > of the best currents. I'm definately thinking of buying an
>
> > XM reciever because of what I heard.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by saladdressing on 07/13/05 03:50 AM.</FONT></P>

Where is Mix positioned in this Pop group? I find myself listening to it as my primary music checkpoint. It is a bit edgy (thankfully to the rock not rap side)to be what I would call a Hot AC, unless I am just that out of touch with CHR/Top 40 these days.
>

20+21 = Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams
20+21 = Ciara - 1,2 Step
20+21 = Ciara - Oh

I know there isn't much you can do about it, but it reeeeeeally pisses me off when they're both playing the same track at the same time or immediately after the other one does.<P ID="signature">______________
</P>

> Where is Mix positioned in this Pop group? I find myself
> listening to it as my primary music checkpoint. It is a bit
> edgy (thankfully to the rock not rap side)to be what I would
> call a Hot AC, unless I am just that out of touch with
> CHR/Top 40 these days.

I was kind of wondering the same thing myself. Mix is one of my most listened to channels as well, and I would agree that it's a little too edgy, not to mention not 80's friendly enough, to be a hot AC.

It also looks like I'm in the minority, but I don't care for Sirius Hits One. I actually prefer Kiss XM, though I don't check XM 21 out very often either. I agree with the poster who said XM should replace the Top-20 on 20 with a true interactive CHR. Top-20 on 20 has potential, but it's way too repetitive as it is.

> > I got a chance to listen to KISS XM and man all I can say
> is
> > its really good. Lots of good recurrents mixed in with
> some
> > of the best currents. I'm definately thinking of buying an
>
> > XM reciever because of what I heard.

I find KISS to be a huge letdown. The playlist has been reduced to under 300 songs. The playlist was cut in half back in April. MIX is also gotten bad. I have always found KISS to be dissapointing but it was improving earlier this year until the playlists were slashed. What's sad is that there are some big hits from the past few years that are not getting any airplay on any of XM's 67 commercial-free music channels.

XM is awesome but when it comes to their Hits channels they just do not have a clue on how to run them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom