• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KFNC Program Changes?

T

TheKeg

I noticed Neal Boortz on this morning at 9 instead of AW Pantoja. Have they given him the ax already or is he being moved to another time?

> I noticed Neal Boortz on this morning at 9 instead of AW
> Pantoja. Have they given him the ax already or is he being
> moved to another time?
>
If KFNC is running syndicated Talk during the day on the third or fourth week, I guess they are in big trouble already. AW Pantoja is very good and in Houston live is going to beat a syndicated program nearly every time. Hopefuly Boortz was a one day thing.

I listened to the 5pm to 7pm news tonight and it was more straight forward news reporting. It still had good appeal, but then KFNC has very good anchors that have their own personalities that can keep the news from being boring. KFNC just sounded more professional tonight and not an embarrassment to the city. Even Chuck S's traffic reports were dignified and to the point. The station for those two hours actually sounded like a news station that you could take seriously. That was all I heard of KFNC today, plus the first five minutes of Phil Hendrie, which was more than enough.

Since Chuck Savage is a comic also, maybe Cumulus should move him over to KIOL were the traffic reports are more of a gag than for real and have him do the midday traffic reports where he can joke around and have it fit into the trend that has already been set on 103.7. KIOL would have some traffic during the day and Chuck might be much more at ease on 103.7.

Mike O

From All Access this morning: CUMULUS fledgling FM Talker KFNC (FM NEWS CHANNEL 97.5)/HOUSTON adds COX/JONES' NEAL BOORTZ for 9a-Noon.

No mention of staff or schedule changes...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom