• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KFMB-AM is sounding cheesy these days...like a small market station.

Has anyone noticed that now KFMB-AM is running 1 minute newscasts during the morning Rick Roberts show anchored presumably by ABC radio in New York. They are now using a breathy newscaster who sounds she might be working at Ginger's Sexy Sauna who identifies her self as "I'm ABC's [insert name] on 760 KFMB" or "I'm [insert name] from ABC News on 760 KFMB." You mean KFMB can't find someone local to read the local news headlines that they have to contract out to a newscaster in New York City or some vixen's bedroom back in between "massage clients" back east with an ISDN connection?

The commercial load on 760 is getting unbearable as well. As much as i like Rick Roberts show I find myself switching over to 1700 or some other local station which doesn't go into extremely protracted station commercial breaks just to get away from the seemingly zillions of commercials being run practically on top of one another. How many times can one take spots from Marrokal Construction, Convoy Video, or Rapid Transmission? Or the grating gravely voiced commercials for Pacific Trust Bank with Hans "and he's Franz" Gans?

I still remember moving to San Diego 20 years ago from Portland, OR ("Little Rock" on the Willamette") and remembering how they always sounded so "big league." Between all of their syndicated programming, their often botched automation, small cadre of advertisers they come off as a small market station in the midwest.

They surely don't sound as good as KFI.

agree dont forget the dog food commercial too Roberts does so many testimonials He must be set up well with all the freebies or trades Must raise the tax bill for him he is too grumpy in the am and needs to let the immigration crap rest for awhile he gets on one topic and beats the hell out of it for a long time ;D

sdwulfdawg said:
The commercial load on 760 is getting unbearable as well. They surely don't sound as good as KFI.

KLSD would love to have that problem.. Thank goddess CC subsidizes their operation

Mr_Radio_Diary said:
sdwulfdawg said:
The commercial load on 760 is getting unbearable as well. They surely don't sound as good as KFI.

KLSD would love to have that problem.. Thank goddess CC subsidizes their operation
Are you taking about KLSD having the ABC news feed now.

KFMB used to be an excellent station, a first class operation. Sadly, they decided to air fools like O'Reilley and Hannity, silly worthless trash that only insults intelligence and preys on the weak minded. It now has the mark of an operator that just doesn't give a ........

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom